Creating numerical groundwater models of field problems requires careful attention to describing the problem domain, selecting boundary conditions, assigning model parameters, and calibrating the model. This unique text describes the science and art of applying numerical models of groundwater flow and advective transport of solutes.
* Explains how to formulate a conceptual model of a system and how to translate it into a numerical model
* Includes the application of modeling principles with special attention to the finite difference flow codes PLASM and MODFLOW, and the finite-element code AQUIFEM-1
* Covers model calibration, verification, and validation
* Discusses pathline analysis for tracking contaminants with reference to newly developed particle tracking codes
* Makes extensive use of case studies and problems
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
By Mary P. Anderson, and William W. Woessner
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 1991. Book Condition: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service! Summary: Introduction. Equations and Numerical Methods. The Conceptual Model and Grid Design. Boundaries. Sources and Sinks. Profile Models. Special Needs for Transient Simulations. Model Execution and the Calibration Process. Documenting and Reporting Your Modeling Study. Postaudits: How Good Are Predictions? Particle Tracking of Groundwater Flow and Advective Transport of Contaminants. Advanced Topics. Chapter References. Index. Bookseller Inventory # ABE_book_new_0120594854
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97801205948561.0
Book Description Academic Press, 1991. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0120594854
Book Description Academic Press. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0120594854 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.0039735
Book Description Academic Press, 1991. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0120594854
Book Description Academic Press Inc, 1991. Hardcover. Book Condition: Brand New. 1st edition. 381 pages. 9.50x7.75x1.00 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk0120594854
Book Description Hardcover. Book Condition: BRAND NEW. BRAND NEW. Fast Shipping. Prompt Customer Service. Satisfaction guaranteed. Bookseller Inventory # 0120594854BNA