Through four editions, Arfken and Weber's best-selling Mathematical Methods for Physicists has provided upper-level undergraduate and graduate students with the paramount coverage of the mathematics necessary for advanced study in physics and engineering. It provides the essential mathematical methods that aspiring physicists are likely to encounter as students or beginning researchers. Appropriate for a physics service course, as well as for more advanced coursework, this is the book of choice in the field.
* Provides the essential mathematical methods that aspiring physicists are likely to encounter as students or beginning researchers
* * Serves as both text and useful reference for students of physics and applied mathematics
* * Throughout the text the physical relevance of the mathematics is constantly reinforced
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
More that 90,000 copies sold!From the Back Cover:
ABOUT THIS BOOK:
Selling more than 70,000 copies through four previous editions, this best-selling title provides in one handy volume the essential mathematical tools and techniques used to solve problems in physics. An essential addition to the bookshelf of any serious student of physics or research professional in the field.
* Completely new art program throughout the book
* Updated references for using Numerical Recipes and Mathematics computational techniques
* Valuable reference compendium for important mathematical methods used in physics
ABOUT THE AUTHORS:
George B. Afken is Professor Emeritus at Miami University of Ohio, and resides in Clearwater, Florida.
Hans Juergen Weber is Professor of Physics at the University of Virginia, and a scholar and researcher in the fields of theoretical nuclear physics and particle physics. As part of his research with students and colleagues he analyzes data from the Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility in Newport News, VA relating to the quark structure of the proton and neutron. Prof. Weber holds a doctorate (Doctor rer. nat.) from the University of Frankfurt and has published more than 100 papers in current physics journals.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 2000. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110120598256
Book Description Academic Press. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0120598256 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.0039740