The Handbook of Proteolytic Enzymes is a complete, must-have reference work for biochemists, biotechnologists, and molecular biologists. This comprehensive work has 569 chapters, each written by experts in their field, on proteolytic enzymes from all groups of living organisms and the viruses.
The Handbook is divided into five sections on peptidases of serine, cysteine, aspartic, metallo, and unknown catalytic mechanism. It is ordered according to a novel system of classification pioneered by the editors and used by IUBMB and SWISS-PROT.
Each chapter details a different enzyme, including:
* Name and history
* Activity and specificity
* Structural chemistry
* Biological aspects
* Distinguishing features
* References to further reading and databank sequence identifiers
The Handbook is accompanied by a CD-ROM that features specialized scissile bond, text and reference searches, zoomable 3D color enzyme structures, sequence alignments and extensive hyperlinks. It's an invaluable resource for researcher workers in biomedicine, biotechnology, biochemistry, molecular biology, chemistry, pharmacology, plant science, agriculture, and pharmaceutical companies.
* The only complete reference on all proteolytic enzymes
* Comprehensive multi-authored work with over 560 chapters written by experts in the field
* Each chapter contains extensive cross-referencing and a comprehensive table of database sequence identifiers
* CD-ROM included featuring specialized scissile bond, text and reference searches, zoomable 3D color enzyme structures, sequence alignments and extensive hyperlinks
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Alan J. Barrett, Residence: Cambridge, U.K., Affiliation: The Babraham Institute - Neil D. Rawlings, Residence: Cambridge, U.K., Affiliation: The Babraham Institute - J. Fred Woessner, Jr., Residence: Miami, Florida, Affiliation: University of Miami School of Medicine, Florida.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 1998. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1st. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0120793709