The Handbook of Image and Video Processing contains a comprehensive and highly accessible presentation of all essential mathematics, techniques, and algorithms for every type of image and video processing used by scientists and engineers. The timely volume will provide both the novice and the seasoned practitioner with the necessary information and skills to be able to develop algorithms and applications for multimedia, digital imaging, digital video, telecommunications, and World Wide Web industries.
Handbook of Image and Video Processing will also serve as a textbook for courses such as digital image processing, digital image analysis, digital video, video communications, multimedia, and biomedical image processing in the departments of electrical and computer engineering and computer science.
* No other resource contains the same breadth of up-to-date coverage
* Contains over 100 example algorithm illustrations
* Contains a series of extremely accessible tutorial chapters
* Indispensible for researchers in telecommunications, internet applications, multimedia, and nearly every branch of science
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Handbook of Image and Video Processing<$>presents a comprehensive and highly accessible presentation of the basic and most up-to-date methods and algorithms for digital image and video processing. This timely volume will provide both the novice and the seasoned practitioner the necessary information and skills to be able to develop algorithms and applications for the burgeoning Multimedia, Digital Imaging, Digital Video, Telecommunications, and World-Wide Web (internet) industries.Handbook of Image and Video Processing<$>is an indispensable resource for researchers in telecommunications, internet applications, multimedia, and nearly every branch of science. No other resource contains the same breadth of up-to-date coverage.
This handbook is arranged into highly focused chapters that represent the collective efforts of the leading educators and researchers working in the areas of image and video processing. Beginning with a series of tutorial chapters on basic gray-level image processing, binary image processing, image Fourier analysis and convolution, the Handbook then describes the latest and most effective techniques for:
* Linear, non-linear, morphological, and wavelet-based image enhancement
* Basic, regularized, multi-channel, multi-frame, and iterative image restoration
* Motion detection and estimation
* Video enhancement and restoration
* Scene reconstruction, image stabilization, and mosaicking
* Models of human vision and their impact on image processing
* Wavelet, color, and multispectral image representations
* Models for image noise, image modulations, and random fields
* Image and video segmentation, classification, and edge detection
* Review of available image processing development environments and software
* Lossless image compression
* Lossy image compression using BTC, vector quanitization, and wavelets
* Image compression standards, including JPEG
* Modern video compression, including DCT, object-, and wavelet-based methods
* Video compression standards, including H.261, MPEG I, II, IV, and VII
* Image and video acquisition, sampling, and interpolation
* Image quantization, halftoning, and printing
* Perceptual quality assessment of compressed images and video
* Image and video databases, indexing, and retrieval
* Image and video networks, security, and watermarking
The Handbook concludes with a set of carefully selected, instructive, and exemplary image processing applications in diverse areas such as; radar imaging, computed tomography, cardiac imaging, digital mammography, fingerprint classification and recognition, human face recognition, confocal microscopy, and automatic target recognition. Developers of these applications as well as those seeking applications that parallel their own will find these chapters to be indispensable guides.
Al Bovik is the General Dynamics Endowed Fellow and Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Texas at Austin, where he is the Associate Director of the Center for Vision and Image Sciences. He has published nearly 300 techincal articles in the general area of image and video processing and holds two U.S. patents. Dr. Bovik is a recipient of the IEEE Signal Processing Society Meritorious Service Award (1998), and is a two-time Honorable Mention winner of the international Pattern Recognition Society Award. He is a fellow of the IEEE, is the Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, serves on many other boards and panels, and was the Founding General Chairman of the IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, which was first held in Austin, Texas in 1994.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 2000. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1st. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0121197905
Book Description Academic Press, 2000. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110121197905