Congratulations to Ken Perlin for his 1997 Technical Achievement Award from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science Board of Governors, given in recognition of the development of "Turbulence", Perlin Noise, a technique discussed in this book which is used to produce natural appearing textures on computer-generated surfaces for motion picture visual effects. Dr. Perlin joins Darwyn Peachey (co-developer of RenderMan(R), also discussed in the book) in being honored with this prestigious award.
* Written at a usable level by the developers of the techniques
* Serves as a source book for those writing rendering systems, shaders, and animations.
* Discusses the design and implementation of noise functions.
* Contains procedural modeling of gases, hypertextures, mountains, and landscapes.
* Provides a toolbox of specific procedures and basic primitive functions for producing realistic images.
* Procedures are presented in C code segments or in Renderman shading language.
* 3.5" disk contains the code from within the book for easy implementation
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Completely revised and updated with new chapters, this is the classic reference for defining the procedural approach to texturing and modeling. Updated to the current computer graphics marketplace, the second edition contains a toolbox of procedures upon which programmers can build a library of textures and objects.About the Author:
Dr. David S. Ebert is an associate professor in the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Purdue University. He has served on the ACM SIGGRAPH Executive Committee and was Editor-in-Chief for IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 1994. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bk&Disk. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0122287606
Book Description Academic Press, 1994. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0122287606
Book Description Academic Press, 1994. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. New item. Bookseller Inventory # QX-133-60-5065105
Book Description Academic Press, 1994. Book Condition: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service!. Bookseller Inventory # ABE_book_new_0122287606
Book Description Academic Press, 1994. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110122287606
Book Description Elsevier. Book Condition: New. pp. 332. Bookseller Inventory # 5780346
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97801222876021.0