Control System Design Guide, 2E will allow engineers and hobbyists to apply control theory to practical systems using your PC. This book provides an intuitive approach to controls, avoiding unnecessary math and emphasizing key concepts with more than a dozen control system models. Control System Design Guide is written for engineers and technicians that want to improve their machines and processes. Whether you are just starting to use controllers or have years of experience, Control System Design Guide will walk you through control system theory with a well-founded, clear approach that is focused on making your system work better.
* Teaches control from an intuitive approach; avoids unnecessary mathematics
* Based on virtual laboratory--key topics are demonstrated with over a dozen models of control systems
* The models are written in ModelQ, and can be run on software available free of charge via the Internet to every reader with a PC
* Goes beyond proportional-integral-differential (PID) control
* Provides detailed comparison of seven different controllers
* Explains how to model machines and processes including how to measure working equipment; describes many non-linear behaviors seen in industrial control systems
* Provides discussion of electronic motion control including details on how motors and motor feedback devices work, causes and cures mechanical resonance, and shows how position loops work
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Make machines work better with this updated edition of Control System Design Guide.About the Author:
George Ellis is Vice President European Engineering at Kollmorgen Corporation, a leading provider of precision motion systems around the globe. For 30 years he has worked in product development including leading product development projects, designing development processes, and creating portfolio management systems. He has also written two well-respected books with Elsevier, Control System Design Guide, now in its fourth edition, and Observers in Control Systems. He has contributed articles to numerous magazines, including Electronic Design News, Machine Design, Control Engineering, Motion Systems Design, and Power Control and Intelligent Motion.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 2000. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # SONG0122374657
Book Description Academic Press, 2000. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110122374657
Book Description Academic Press, 2000. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 2nd. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0122374657
Book Description Academic Press, 2000. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0122374657
Book Description Hardcover. Book Condition: BRAND NEW. BRAND NEW. Fast Shipping. Prompt Customer Service. Satisfaction guaranteed. Bookseller Inventory # 0122374657BNA
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97801223746541.0