Impact assessment has become a crucial element of the interface between society and the environment. This practical guide to the assessment process will help ecologists, environmental scientists, and civil engineers to identify the conceptual foundation of the assessments they are preparing. The guide is also intended to help policy makers understand the scientific basis for these surveys as well as the biotic and abiotic parameters. A Practical Guide to Environmental Impact Assessment will appeal to a broad cross section of those pondering land use decisions.
* A conceptual guide to technical and scientific issues relevant to impact assessment
* Does not assume special training
* Useful regardless of political or social context within which impact is being assessed
* Provides both planners and impact assessors with background necessary for evaluating environmental impacts
* Covers both physical and social parameters that influence impact assessment
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 1994. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0122415558