The Cytokine Reference is the most complete work for anyone interested in the role of cytokines in host defense processes. With essential and comprehensive information on all known cytokines, including chemokines, growth factors and neuropeptides, the database will include hundreds of entries with detailed descriptions of cytokine genes, proteins, cell sources, activities, receptors, receptor signal transduction, gene activation, pathophysiology, therapeutics and techniques. This encyclopedic reference is written by a panel of global experts and will include extensive tables and diagrams. This book/online bundle consists of a two-volume print set, plus a regularly updated and searchable Online Database.
Cytokines are produced by virtually all the cells in our bodies, and they regulate the systems that defend us against infection, tumors, and trauma. This publication and database will enable all those working in the field to find the information they need about this ever-expanding field.
* Online extensively-linked database is highly functional and allows you to reach data in a variety of ways--by cytokine, by cell type, or by disease
* Online version offers regularly updated entries and addition of new entries as research uncovers further information
* Print version has approximately 2500 pages of detailed and highly structured information on all the cytokines and other mediators of host defense
* Contains over 175 chapters contributed by international experts and edited by 6 world renowned scientists
* Online database allows extensive links at chapter subheading level guiding you through the maze of inter-relationships
* Online version includes full color diagrams and sequences plus links to online databases, including MEDLINE, PDB, SWISSPRO, and GenBank
* Every cytokine or receptor chapter uses the same highly structured subheadings, ensuring that the information is complete, comprehensive, and easy to find
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The First of Its Kind!
Continually Building on Cytokine Knowledge!
The Cytokine Reference is the most complete work available for anyone interested in the role of cytokines in host defense processes. This launch version includes 193 entries, with detailed descriptions of cytokine genes, proteins, cell sources, activities, receptors, receptor signal transduction, gene activation, pathophysiology, therapeutics and techniques. Written and edited by a panel of global experts, this is the only reference on cytokines that you will ever need.
Key features include:
* Each entry organised in the same way to allow quick and easy access to information on every aspect of the cytokines
* 'At a glance' dynamic listings showing which cytokines are produced by which cells or implicated in which diseases
* Fully searchable text and highly functional structure to guide you through the maze of inter-relationships
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 2000. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0122526708
Book Description Academic Press, 2000. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0122526708
Book Description Academic Pr, 2000. Hardcover. Book Condition: Brand New. two-volume set & online database edition. 2260 pages. 11.50x8.75x5.00 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk0122526708