Primate Adaptation and Evolutionis the only recent text published in this rapidly progressing field. It provides you with an extensive, current survey of the order Primates, both living and fossil. By combining information on primate anatomy, ecology, and behavior with the primate fossil record, this book enables students to study primates from all epochs as a single, viable group. It surveys major primate radiations throughout 65 million years, and provides equal treatment of both living and extinct species.
ï Presents a summary of the primate fossils
ï Reviews primate evolution
ï Provides an introduction to the primate anatomy
ï Discusses the features that distinguish the living groups of primates
ï Summarizes recent work on primate ecology
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
* Features up-to-date information about many aspects of primate biology and evolution
* Contains a completely new chapter on primate communities
* Presents totally revised chapters on primate origins, early anthropoids, and fossil platyrrhines
* Includes an updated glossary, illustrations, and * Classification of Order Primates
* Succeeds as the best introductory text on primate evolution because it synthesizes and allows access to primary literature
John Fleagle is a primatologist whose research combines field studies and functional morpho-logical analysis. He is interested in the adaptive radiation of primates during the last 50 mil-lion years. He has conducted paleobiological research in Egypt, Argentina, and Ethiopia and has studied living primates in Malaysia, Surinam, Brazil and Madagascar.
Fleagle is a MacArthur Fellow. He is the author of the textbook Primate Adaptation and Evolution, and the Editor of Evolutionary Anthropology.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 1988. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0122603400
Book Description Elsevier. Book Condition: New. pp. 500. Bookseller Inventory # 5780307
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97801226034021.0