Since its introduction in 1971, the development and application of colloidal gold as a marker in electron microscopy has been phenomenal. This state-of-the art, multi-volume treatise provides researchers, technicians, teachers, and students with the most comprehensive coverage of the principles and methodology of colloidal gold microscopy available today.
Colloidal gold allows high and low resolution studies, enzyme and nucleic acid labeling, study of dynamic cellular processes, and virus detection.
This third volume completes Hayat's coverage of the principles and methodology of colloidal gold in microscopy. The three-volume set should become the standard reference in the field.
* Among the first books to cover principles and methodology of colloidal gold in microscopy
* Describes methods step by step to enable researchers to learn these complex procedures solely by reference to the book
* Discusses problems and limitations of techniques
* Guides users to avoid problems and choose the correct procedures for specific applications
* Contributors are eminent authorities in their fields
Topics covered in Volume 3 include:
* Production of monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies
* Lowicryl, polar, and apolar resins
* Preserving and localizing antigenicity; sectioning; high-resolution morphological localization
* Diaminobenzidine-colloidal gold; microinjection of colloidal gold; double labeling with backscattered electrons; microwave irradiation
* Applications to biomedical studies
* Colloidal gold in conjunction with video-enhanced microscopy
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Since its introduction in 1971, the development and application of colloidal gold as a marker in electron microscopy has been phenomenal. This state-of-the-art, multivolume treatise provides researchers, technicians, teachers, and students with the most comprehensive coverage of the principles and methodology of colloidal gold microscopy available today.
Topics covered in Volume 1 include:
* Principles, methods, and applications of colloidal gold methodology in cytochemistry and immunochemistry
* Methods for preparing colloidal gold particles of different sizes
* Protein A-gold, protein G-gold, and lectin-gold techniques
* The use of resins and thin cryosections
* Multiple labeling
Topics covered in Volume 2 include:
Methodology for the study of antigenicity in neurology, virology, exocytosis, cytoskeleton, and plant tissues.
* The use of colloidal gold in conjunction with negative staining, nucleic acid hybridization, and darkfield and epipolarization microscopy
* The detection of proteins with colloidal gold
Molecular interactions between gold and proteins
* The roles of tissue processing in colloidal gold methods
* Low temperature methods
Dr. Hayat has published extensively in the fields of microscopy, cytology, immunohistochemistry, immunocytochemistry, and antigen retrieval methods. He is Distinguished Professor, Department of Biological Sciences, Kean University, Union, New Jersey, USA.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 1991. Book Condition: Good. N/A. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. Bookseller Inventory # GRP87430015
Book Description Book Condition: Good. Book Condition: Good. Bookseller Inventory # 97801233392944.0
Book Description Academic Press, 1991. Book Condition: Good. N/A. Ships from Reno, NV. Former Library book. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. Bookseller Inventory # GRP95067943
Book Description Academic Press Inc, 1991. Book Condition: Fair. Volume 3. This book has hardback covers. Ex-library, With usual stamps and markings, In fair condition, suitable as a study copy. No dust jacket. Bookseller Inventory # 3339898
Book Description Academic Press. Hardcover. Book Condition: Good. 0123339294 Good+; Hardcover; Withdrawn library copy with the standard library markings; Clean covers with minor edgewear; Library stamps to the endpapers; Text pages are clean & unmarked; Good binding with a straight spine; This book will be stored and delivered in a sturdy cardboard box with foam padding; Medium Format (8.5" - 9.75" tall); Black and yellow covers with title in yellow lettering; 1991, Academic Press; 421 pages; "Colloidal Gold: Principles, Methods, and Applications, Vol. 3," by M. A. Hayat. Bookseller Inventory # SKU-U21CF07810246
Book Description Academic Press Inc, 1991. Book Condition: Good. Volume 3. This is an ex-library book and may have the usual library/used-book markings inside.This book has hardback covers. With usual stamps and markings, In good all round condition. No dust jacket. Bookseller Inventory # 6651901