This Second Edition follows the original pattern of presenting of presenting the most frequently used integrals, mathematical formulas, and results in a form convenient for the user. The Handbook provides an essential reference work for students and researchers in applied mathematics, engineering, and physics. The most important formulas, functions, and results used in applications of mathematics are covered.
New material includes proof by mathematical induction, properties of spherical Bessel functions, more detailed results on orthogonal polynomials, interpolation and Pade approximation, and a section on the z-transform. The original thumb-tab indexing has been retained, as it provides an easy reference system that supplements the contents listing and extensive index.
* Comprehensive coverage of frequently used integrals, functions and fundamental mathematical results
* contents selected and organized to suit the needs of students, scientists, and engineers
* contains tables of Laplace and Fourier transform pairs
* new section on numerical approximation
* new section on the z-transform
* easy reference system
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
This bestseller sold more than 12,000 copies in the first two editions!From the Back Cover:
The solution of mathematical problems requires the successful manipulation of a great variety of functions, the use of general mathematical results and the evaluation of integrals. The purpose of this Handbook<$>is to simplify this task.
ThisHandbook<$>provides reference material that helps simplify the solution of a problem, both by easing the task of locating important functional relationships and also by removing the tedium of evaluating most of the integrals that arise.
ThisSecond Edition<$>is an enhancement of the first. It covers important formulas, functions, relations and methods from algebra, trigonometric and exponential functions, combinatorics, probability, matrix theory, calculus and vector calculus, both ordinary and partial differential equations, Fourier Series, orthogonal polynomials, Laplace and Fourier transforms. Additional material has been added such as proof by mathematical induction, the acceleration of convergence of series, and properties of spherical Bessel functions.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
* The integrals, functions and mathematical results used in most applications of mathematics are easily located, and they are presented in the most common form instead of the standard form that usually requires manipulation.
* Tables of Laplace and Fourier transform pairs have been simplified by the inclusion of the most useful results.
* A new section on numerical approximation gives information on interpolation, PadE approximation and finite difference approximations to ordinary and partial derivatives.
* A new section on the Z-transform
* Equations are validated with Mathematica.
* The thumb-tab indexing feature provides an easy reference system.
TheHandbook<$>is based on Gradshteyn and Ryzhik'sTable of Integrals, Series, and Products<$>(Academic Press), edited by Alan Jeffrey. Alan is a Professor of Engineering Mathematics at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne, England, and Adjunct Professor at the University of Delaware and his distinguished career includes work at New York University, Stanford University, and University of Wisconsin.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 2000. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0123822513
Book Description Academic Press, 2000. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110123822513
Book Description Academic Press. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0123822513 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.0041052
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97801238225121.0