On Time Technology Implementation presents technology implementation guidelines and lessons learned from over 30 years of successful, hands-on project experience.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Technology implementation guidelines and lessons learned from over 30 years of successful, hands-on
How to prevent the top 10 reasons for implementation failure
* Over 200 specific guidelines and lessons learned
* How to implement electronic commerce
* Five example companies from banking, insurance, transportation, government, and manufacturing
* How to use intranet and object oriented methods for maximum advantage
* How to cope with the burden of maintenance, enhancement, and production support
* How to implement knowledge management and data warehousing applications
* How to implement Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software
* How to develop and implement software on time and within budget
* How to effectively evaluate, select, and implement software packages
* How to control changing requirements and scope
* Critical success factors in system and business process implementation
* How to apply concurrent engineering to software development
* Experience and tips to develop intranet/Internet based applications
About the Authors
The authors have over 45 years of hands-on project management experience, including turning around ten failing projects. They have worked with client-server systems, large-scale software packages, intranet/extranet systems, data warehousing, and knowledge management. In addition, they have taught project management courses and seminars to over 6000 people on five continents.
Bennet Lientz has taught and consulted on project management for the past 28 years to more than 5000 people. He developed the concept of the management critical path, acted as project manager of the Internet, and turned around 10 failing projects. This Second Edition is Lientz' seventh book; he has also written more than 25 articles in various areas of project management.
Kathryn P. Rea is president and founder of The Consulting Edge, Inc., which was established in 1984. The firm specializes in E-Business, process improvement, project management, and financial consulting. Rea has managed more than 65 major technology-related projects internationally. She has advised on and carried out projects in government, engergy, banking and finance, distribution, trading, retailing, transportation, mining, manufacturing, and utilities. She is the author of eight books and more than 20 articles in various areas of information systems and analysis.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Book Condition: New. New. Book is new and unread but may have minor shelf wear. Bookseller Inventory # Z1-S-027-01444
Book Description Routledge, 1999. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0124499759
Book Description Routledge, 1999. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0124499759
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97801244997511.0
Book Description Routledge, 1999. PAP. Book Condition: New. New Book. Shipped from UK in 4 to 14 days. Established seller since 2000. Bookseller Inventory # F9-9780124499751
Book Description Routledge. Book Condition: BRAND NEW. -293pp - This title is now printed on demand - please allow 2-3 weeks added time for shipment! A Brand New Quality Book from a Full-Time Bookshop in business since 1992!. Bookseller Inventory # 1962479
Book Description Routledge, 2017. Paperback. Book Condition: NEW. 9780124499751 This listing is a new book, a title currently in-print which we order directly and immediately from the publisher. Print on Demand title, produced to the highest standard, and there would be a delay in dispatch of around 10 working days. Bookseller Inventory # HTANDREE0228679
Book Description Academic Pr, 1999. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 1st edition. 293 pages. 9.25x6.25x0.75 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # __0124499759