This book teaches readers how to create complete AppleScript applications using AppleScript and the FaceSpan interface builder. It includes detailed examples that are developed over the course of the book. Readers are led through the use of the FaceSpan interface designer, introduced to the Applescript language, and shown how to design and script complex Macintosh applications.
* Shows how to build complete AppleScript applications using FaceSpan, a user interface development tool that makes AppleScript applications truly 'Mac-like'
* Uses a step-by-step approach to demonstrate techniques for building applications through illustrations and samples
* Provides Graphical User Interface (GUI) design tips and practical approaches for implementation
* Includes FaceSpan and AppleScript references
* Contains a section on debugging AppleScript applications using FaceSpan
* Includes one CD-ROM with AppleScript 1.1, a demonstration version of FaceSpan 2.1, source code for all example applications, and numerous AppleScript shareware and demonstration programs
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
John Schettino is a senior member of the Technical Staff at GTE Laboratories, Inc. He is actively involved in the researching of scripting systems, user interaction, and object-oriented development. John is also a contributing editor for PDA Developers Magazine.
Liz O'Hara, Ph.D., is an Information Technology consultant and author. She has taught graduate courses in Software Engineering and Computer Science, and has extended her research efforts into software analysis and design, user interaction, and hypermedia.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 1996. Paperback. Book Condition: New. New item. Bookseller Inventory # QX-005-67-5732105
Book Description Academic Press, 1996. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0126239576
Book Description Academic Press, 1996. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 126239576