This book is specifically designed for the user who wishes expanded use of ellipsometry beyond the relatively limited number of turn-key applications. The book provides a concise discussion of theory and instrumentation before describing how to use optical parameters to determine material properties and optical parameters for inaccessible substrates and unknown films, and how to measure extremely thin films. The book also addresses polysilicon, a material commonly used in the microelectronics industry, and the effect of substrate roughness. This book's concepts and applications are reinforced through the 14 case studies that illustrate specific applications of ellipsometry from the semiconductor industry as well as studies involving corrosion and oxide growth.
* Allows the user to optimize turn-key operation of ellipsometers and move beyond limited turn-key applications
* Provides comprehensive discussion of the measurement of film thickness and optical constants in film
* Discusses the trajectories of the ellipsometric parameters Del and Psi and how changes in the materials affect the parameters
* Includes 14 case studies to reinforce specific applications
* Includes three appendices for helpful references
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 1992. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # SONG0126939500
Book Description Academic Press, 1992. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110126939500
Book Description Academic Press, 1992. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1st. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0126939500