This volume provides, for the first time, an extensive compilation of those state-of-the-art methods that have revolutionized the use of mice as an experimental system. This volume is a unique source for detailed descriptions to be used in research by both experienced and novice researchers - Germ cells and embryos; Fertilization; Gene expression: messenger RNA, reporter genes, proteins, methylation; Gene identification; Nuclear transplantation; Transgenic animals: pronuclear injection, embryonic stem cells, and gene targeting; Lineage analysis.
* Contains the most up-to-date methodology as applied to mouse development
* Focuses on molecular approaches to experimental mouse development
* The first comprehensive source for molecular biological methods in mouse development
* Many of the methods have never appeared before
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Guide to Techniques in Mouse Development, a volume designed to meet the needs of students, experienced researchers, and newcomers to the field, presents for the first time in a single source up-to-date technology used in research carried out with mice.
* Comprehensive molecular biological methods in mouse development compiled specifically for this volume
* Articles written by some of the most experienced researchers in the field of mouse development
Among the topics covered
* Gametes and embryos
* Gene targeting
* Embryonic stem (ES) cells
* Nuclear transplantation
* Reporter genes
* Gene cloning
* YAC libraries
* In situ hybridization
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 1993. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0127364501
Book Description Academic Press, 1993. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0127364501
Book Description Academic Pr, 1993. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. spiral-bound edition. 1021 pages. 10.00x7.50x1.75 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # 0127364501