* Integrates economic and political factors underlying exchange rate determination.
* Uses the balance-of-payments framework to assess economic links among nations.
* Presents a comprehensive discussion of the foreign exchange market.
* Discusses the key parity conditions in international finance that relate interest rates, exchange rates, and inflation rates, and the underlying arbitrage considerations that determine them-along with numerous real-world applications.
* Presents distinctions between real and nominal exchange rates and between accounting and economic exposure and their significance for exchange risk management.
* Provides a comprehensive discussion of the mechanisms multinational firms use to manage interaffiliate fund flows on a global basis.
* Presents the underpinnings of financial markets and the implications for international capital flows.
* Presents specialized financing and risk management techniques.
* Discusses the assessment of the cost of capital for foreign investments.
* Discusses the nature and consequences of international portfolio investment, including emerging market investments.
* Presents the development of global strategies of multinational corporations.
* Provides the means for analyzing foreign investments.
* Covers political risk measurement and management.
* Includes a number of distinctive pedagogical features including real-world examples, vignettes, illustrations, and hundreds of realistic end-of-chapter questions and problems.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Grounded in modern financial theory, this highly acclaimed text provides a conceptual framework wherein the key financial decisions of the multinational firm can be analyzed. As in previous editions, the book's approach treats international financial management as a natural and logical extension of principles learned in the foundations of financial management course. This Fifth Edition has been thoroughly updated and improved to reflect the most recent developments in the field and enhance overall learning.From the Back Cover:
Specific guidelines for making financial decisions in an international context
Learn how to make sound financial decisions in the multinational firm with Alan Shapiro’s Eighth Edition of Multinational Financial Management. Shapiro provides a clear conceptual framework for analyzing key financial decisions in multinational firms–a framework that you can rely on throughout your career.
Keep up with current financial events around the globe.
The new Eighth Edition is thoroughly updated with enhanced discussions of the impact of China on the international financial system, current issues facing the euro, the debate over outsourcing, the political considerations underlying the debate over protectionism, the competitive devaluations during 2003, and more.
Make smart decisions.
Multinational Financial Management focuses on decision making in an international context. The text presents analytical techniques that translate the often vague rules of thumb used by international financial executives into specific decision criteria.
Learn how to take advantage of being multinational.
Too often companies focus on the threats and risks inherent in venturing abroad. In contrast, Alan Shapiro emphasizes the opportunities that are available to multinational firms, such as the ability to obtain a greater degree of international diversification and the ability to arbitrage between imperfect capital markets.
Examine real international financial problems.
Throughout the text, a variety of real-life cases and examples, including new mini-cases in most chapters, demonstrate how to use financial analysis and reasoning to solve real international financial problems.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley. Textbook Binding. Book Condition: Good. Light shelf wear and minimal interior marks. Bookseller Inventory # G0130101427I3N00
Book Description Wiley, 1999. No binding. Book Condition: Good. Good condition, some are ex-library and can have markings. Bookseller Inventory # GD-133-72-9617109
Book Description Wiley, 1999. No binding. Book Condition: Very Good. Very good. Bookseller Inventory # HH-133-72-9617109
Book Description Wiley, 1999. No binding. Book Condition: As New. Like new condition. Bookseller Inventory # XX-133-72-9617109
Book Description Wiley, 1999. Textbook Binding. Book Condition: Used: Good. We ship International with Tracking Number! May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service! L. Bookseller Inventory # 0130101427D