Digital Design: Principles and Practices (With CD-ROM)
(Pearson Education) A revised textbook blending academic vigor with practical experience. The CD-ROM features specialized software from XLINX. System requirements: Windows 95+, IBM or comparable PC, 48MB RAM, 4x+ CD-ROM drive, VGA monitor, 500 MB disk space. Previous edition: c2000. DLC: Digital integrated circuits--Design and construction.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
From the Publisher
Real-world yet scholarly in approach, this book provides a solid foundation in the elements of basic digital electronics and switching theory that are used in most practical digital designs today, and builds on that theory with discussions of real-world digital components, design methodologies, and tools.
From the Back Cover
- NEW—Early coverage of modern CMOS logic families—Includes low voltage and LVCMOS/LVTTL.
- NEW—Coverage of Complex Programmable Logic Devices (CPLDs) and Field-Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs).
- Provides the general background needed for associated CPLD- and FPGA-based lab courses.
- NEW—Earlier introduction of HDL-based digital design.
- HDL concepts can be used throughout the course.
- NEW—HDL coverage and examples—Includes VHDL as well as ABEL.
- VHDL is an industry-standard language that also provides a good foundation for Verilog if required.
- NEW—Programming examples written in C rather than Pascal.
- NEW—Faster progression through non-automated methods—Such as Karnaugh maps and state-machine synthesis.
- While these are used to illustrate some basic concepts, more emphasis is given to the methods and tools that are actually used on the job.
- NEW—Description of automated methods including simulation and synthesis.
- NEW—More and larger design examples.
- More opportunity to "learn by example."
- NEW—Drill problems and exercises.
- NEW—Includes CD-ROMS with the complete Xilinx Foundation 1.5 (Student Edition), including schematic entry, ABEL, VHDL, and Verilog compilers, simulator, and documentation.
- Users with a PC can create and simulate designs using a high-quality set of commercial tools, and thereby learn the practical side of digital design first-hand.
- Easy-to-follow, practical writing style and extensive use of illustrations.
- High-quality, user-friendly color production.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.