This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
This book offers a clear and comprehensive basic understanding of computer systems, and in particular, an understanding of Pentium systems. This hardware background will enhance readers' abilities to manage systems, diagnose and come up with solutions to user problems, and plan for future growth. Topics include computer performance, system buses, memory, input and output, operating system support, and processing. For product marketing personnel who want the know-how of technology, and supporting marketing and sales in matching products to customers. For information system and computer system personnel who want to respond more efficiently to requests from other departments, and manage IS resources.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Stallings provides a clear, comprehensive presentation of the organization and architecture of modern-day computers, emphasizing both fundamental principles and the critical role of performance in driving computer design. The text conveys concepts through a wealth of concrete examples highlighting modern CISC and RISC systems. The Fourth Edition captures recent innovations and improvements, while maintaining a broad, all-inclusive perspective of the entire field.From the Back Cover:
* Use of numerous running examples, especially Pentium
* Unified instructional approach enables reader to evaluate instruction set design issues
* Expanded superscalar presentation to include the new examples of UltraSparc II and the MIPS R100000
* Detailed treatment of bus organization enables reader to better evaluate key design issues
* Detailed chapter coverage on RISC
* Extensive treatment of understanding of I/O functions and structures
The COMPANION WEBSITE for the book provides support for students, instructors and professionals
* Links to important up-to-date site related text materials.
* Provides transparency masters of figures from the book in PDF (Adobe Acrobat) format.
* Lists a set of course notes in PDF for handouts.
* Includes a set of PowerPoint slides for lecturing.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Prentice Hall, 1999. Hardcover. Condition: New. 5th. Seller Inventory # DADAX0130812943
Book Description Prentice Hall, 1999. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0130812943
Book Description Prentice Hall. Hardcover. Condition: New. 0130812943 New Condition. Seller Inventory # NEW99.3038765
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # STRM-0130812943
Book Description Prentice Hall, 1999. Hardcover. Condition: New. 5th. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 0130812943n
Book Description Prentice-Hall. Condition: New. pp. 768. Seller Inventory # 7343775
Book Description Condition: New. This is Brand NEW. Seller Inventory # SintificD-01112018-9126