From the Back Cover
- The fastest, easiest way to master SQL-no experience required!
- Master every business SQL skill you need! Grouping, totaling, summaries, modifying databases, integrating data from multiple tables, and much more!
- Includes video introduction, 2+ hours of expert audio commentary, 200+ animated figures, 100+ self-review questions, 100+ exercises, searching, hyperlinking, and more.
Now you can learn SQL hands on—and get the business information you need, faster than you ever imagined! This package brings together the industry's #1 interactive SQL training CD-ROM, the SQL Queries Multimedia Cyber Classroom, with the world's best SQL book for business professionals, SQL Queries for Mere Mortals! No matter what database you use, you'll master SQL by practicing with hundreds of live queries and exercises—and learning from hours of animations and audio commentary by two world-renowned database consultants!
- Over 200 animated figures, with expert audio commentary, illustrate key concepts
- Learning SQL is just one click away! With our state-of-the-art, interactive, multimedia CD-ROM
- Includes a fully searchable version of SQL Queries for Mere Mortals
- Test your knowledge with 100+ self-review questions and 100+ practice exercises
- BONUS: SECOND CD-ROM contains five real-world sample databases designed to support virtually any practice query.
- Starts from scratch! No unnecessary jargon: just plain-English help and useful examples!
- Real-world focus: Solutions for the problems businesspeople really encounter.
- Up to date! Covers the latest ANSI standard SQL—skills apply to virtually any current desktop or enterprise database!
- Includes advanced, high-performance techniques for solving even complex SQL problems.
- 100% Comprehensive, 100% Business-Focused
The Complete SQL Queries Training Course covers everything you need to know to succeed with SQL, including concepts, syntax, troubleshooting techniques, performance optimization, and more:
- Basic relational database concepts
- Fundamental SQL concepts
- SELECT statements
- Creating expressions
- Applying filters
- Working with joins
- Integrating data from multiple tables
- Grouping data
- Totaling data
- Summarizing data
- Updating data
- Inserting data
- Deleting data
- And much more — including advanced techniques!
Windows(r) 95/98/2000/NT(r) 4.0Internet Explorer (included)20 MB disk space32 MB RAMCD-ROM driveSound card support
About the Author
Michael J. Hernandez is a top-rated Microsoft Access instructor, owner of DataTex Consulting Group in Seattle, WA, and author of the best-selling Database Design for Mere Mortals. John L. Viescas is President of Viescas Consulting, Inc., and author of the classic Quick Reference Guide to SQL.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.