College Accounting: A Practical Approach Chapters 1-26 (8th Edition)
For courses in College Accounting. *Backed by Jeffrey Slater's 31+ years of teaching experience, College Accounting returns once again in this updated and improved Eighth Edition. This revision retains the renowned Slater approach-presenting material in small, manageable units followed by immediate feedback, and includes great features (The Continuing Problem and Dunkin' Donuts boxes) and new enhancements: *Great software deals with Peachtree Complete Software 8.0 and Simply Accounting 8.0. *New Standard Online course. *Free "Getting Started with QuickBooks," "Getting Started with Peachtree," or "Getting Started with Simply Accounting" books. *A robust website with Free Online Study Guide and more!
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
From the Publisher
Backed by Jeffrey Slater's 25+ years' teaching experience, College Accounting returns in this updated and improved Sixth Edition. This best-selling text retains the renowned Slater approach--presenting material in small, manageable units followed by immediate feedback. New features include coverage of the latest taxation laws, integration of "Simply Accounting" professional software, and more!
From the Back Cover
What's New in the 8th Edition?
- NEW! Perpetual Inventory and Special Journals: Slater is the only text that covers perpetual inventory as well as periodic. The Eighth Edition has added an appendix to Chapter 9 that provides an introduction to merchandising through general journals for a perpetual inventory system instead of special journals. The 2002 edition completes the merchandise cycle by Chapter 13 and then provides the OPTION to cover perpetual inventory for a merchandise company in the Appendices.
- NEW! Slater e-Notes: Once a month, Jeff Slater will e-mail messages to interested adopting faculty providing teaching tips, including how to integrate the latest technology into the college accounting classroom.
- NEW! Web Site: The new Slater Web site at www.prenhall.com/slater provides a rich assortment of technology resources, including:
- FREE Online Study Guide with three Quizzes per chapter, "Hints" available for each question, immediate feedback and scoring, and e-mail capability.
- FREE Faculty Downloads (ISM, PPTs, Excel solutions to Peachtree problems).
- FREE Practice Quizzes (written by Jeff Slater); these are separate from the quizzes on the Companion Web site Study Guide.
- NEW! Software Deals with Peachtree and Simply Accounting
- Peachtree Complete Accounting Software Release 8.0—a $200.00 value—may be shrink-wrapped with new copies of any Slater text for a nominal charge.
- Simply Accounting 8.0 Software may be shrink-wrapped with new copies of any Slater text for a nominal charge.
- NEW! FREE "Getting Started Series" of Modules on Peachtree, QuickBooks 2001 and Simply Accounting
Package your choice of these free 70-page manuals with new student copies of Slater!
- NEW! Computer Workshops with Peachtree Complete Accounting
Slater's College Accounting, Eighth Edition Computer Workshops follow Chapters 3-5, 8, 10, 13, and 16 to show students how to set up the manual procedures covered in the text in a computerized format.
- NEW! On-Line Course available in WebCT, Blackboard, and CourseCompass!
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.