Ideal for introductory and advanced level courses in computer graphics, desktop publishing and/or web design software applications. THE FIRST TRUE ACADEMIC SERIES FOR GRAPHICS! The Essentials for Design series offers a learning-by-doing approach that encourages students to grasp application related concepts as they expand their skills through hands-on tutorials. The titles offer a clean, easy-to-follow, full color layout with two different levels available. Instructor Resource CD-ROMs include assessments, PowerPoint presentation materials, and additional projects.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Your True Academic Design Series
Hands-on tutorials with a project orientation designed to provide a thorough
knowledge and understanding of graphic design
· Extensive End-of-Chapter Exercises include three levels of reinforcement exercises that emphasize hands-on skill development.
· Portfolio Builder exercises at the end of every chapter require creative problem solving and the application of learned skills. The completed projects can be combined into a portfolio that will impress at job interviews.
· Integrating Projects are designed to reflect real-world graphic design work, drawing on skills learned throughout the text.
· Careers in Design feature offers advice, tips, and resources that will help you on your path to a successful career.
· Full color format throughout!
Your online resource for mastering graphic design
About the Author:
Dean Bagley has been writing instructional books for the computer for a number of years. He received his degrees in Speech, English, and Education from the University of South Florida in Tampa, Florida. Upon graduation he spent several years teaching English and Speech in secondary schools in California and Florida.
Dean has been in the Arts most of his life as a graphic artist and designer, spending ten years working as Head of Advertising for his father in their family business. It was during these years that he won both an ADDY Award and a first place award from the Florida Print Industry for the package and catalog design.
Entering the computer world in 1985, he soon found himself closely tied with the Internet where he creates Web sites, animations and images for use on the Web using Macromedia Flash.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2006. Spiral-bound. Book Condition: New. 2. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0131878174