Logic and Computer Design Fundamentals
Providing solid digital system design fundamentals while accomplishing a gradual, bottom-up development of these fundamentals, this book focuses on the ever-evolving applications of basic computer design concepts.KEY TOPICS- Treatment of logic design, digital system design, and computer design. MARKET- Ideal for self-study by engineers and computer scientists.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
Covers the fundamentals of hardware and computer design with exceptional breadth and in a very accessible style using abundant examples to build understanding and problem-solving skills. Reflects the current industry trend of designing with hardware description languages (HDLs) instead of logic diagrams - provides optional introductory treatments of both VHDL and Verilog languages - with additional coverage available on the Companion Web-site for more substantial treatment. By covering broadly-based fundamentals, provides an excellent foundation and perspective for more advanced courses in digital hardware design and computer architecture and organization preparation.
- Includes a free copy of the Xilinx Student Edition Foundation Series software.
- NEW?Many new sections on VHDL and Verilog?Includes separate discussions dedicated to VHDL or Verilog on: combinational design; sequential circuits; registers; datapaths; multipliers; and more.
- Provides the reader with a basic introduction to either of the two hardware description languages used to design in today's computer industry.
- NEW?125 additional pages on book's website on VHDL and Verilog? Includes additional explanatory material, VHDL and Verilog-based problems, and all source files for VHDL and Verilog examples.
- NEW?40% changed or new problems.
- Gives many opportunities to hone and practice.
- Exceptionally readable.
- A gradual development of logic, design, digital systems, and computer architecture concepts.
- Balanced coverage of both VHDL and Verilog languages.
- Strong connection to real-world technologies?Discusses DRAM technology, field programmable gate arrays, hard disk and I/O technologies including the Universal Serial Bus.
- On-going example of a simple computer system?Illustrates the principal impact of each topic on a PC computer design.
- Stimulates the readers' interest and helps them build a strong understanding by referring to one familiar computer system throughout the book that is used to demonstrate the application of each concept as it is being covered.
- Abundant coverage of programmable logic devices (PDLs)?Includes field programmable gate arrays.
- Introduces growing technology that is becoming a mainstay in digital logic laboratories.
- 25% of chapter problems solutions on website.
- Transparency originals for most figures and tables on Website.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.