This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Everything future teachers of young adolescents need to know is here–covered thoroughly, and presented in a down-to-earth manner that emphasizes the practical as well as the theoretical.. These authors encourage future teachers to take an eclectic approach to teaching, one that actively engages the adolescent in his or her own learning and gives every student an equal chance to participate, learn, grow, and succeed. A wealth of examples and exercises model the book's tenets; while the authors' keen understanding of their subject keeps content to-the-point. Coverage includes the characteristics of young adolescents, planning for their instruction, implementing instruction, and assessing their learning. For professionals in the field of teaching.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Would you like just one source for learning all you need to know about teaching young adolescents?
Preservice and inservice teachers will benefit from Teaching Young Adolescents–a comprehensive book
of methods, guidelines, and resources for effectively teaching middle grades students. It offers an eclectic
mix of the best models in education and provides guidelines to help you decide which approach to use at
a particular time. Exercises for active learning embedded throughout the book allow you to develop skills
in using specific approaches.
New to this edition:
· Strategies and Materials You Can Use in Classroom Teaching on the inside front cover
· INTASC Principles on the inside back cover correlate the book’s material with the relevant INTASC
· Professional Portfolio Exercises
· Integrated information on Media and Technology
Related books from Merrill Education
· A Guide for Developing Interdisciplinary Thematic Units, Fourth Edition, Patricia L. Roberts and
Richard D. Kellough, ISBN: 0-13-175501-3
· A Resource Guide for Teaching K—12, Fifth Edition, Richard D. Kellough, ISBN: 0-13-170543-1
· Teaching in the Middle and Secondary Schools, Eighth Edition, Richard D. Kellough and Jioanna
Carjuzaa, ISBN: 0-13-119373-2
· Your First Year of Teaching: Guidance for Success, Fourth Edition, Richard D. Kellough, ISBN: 0-13-613046-1
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Pearson. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 0131996177 New US Student Edition. No Online Access code with this book. FOR QUICK DELIVERY PLEASE CHOOSE EXPEDITED SHIPPING. Standard/media mail MIGHT take up to 14 days from Ohio. Seller Inventory # SKU1018664
Book Description Pearson, 2007. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110131996177
Book Description Pearson. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 0131996177 New Condition. Seller Inventory # NEW7.3005213
Book Description Pearson. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 0131996177 SOME SHELF WEAR! NO WRITING! - Brand New! Fast Shipping! Excellent Customer Service!. Seller Inventory # Z0131996177ZN
Book Description Pearson, 2007. Paperback. Condition: New. 5. Seller Inventory # DADAX0131996177