This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Literacy Development in the Early Years, by renowned author Lesley Mandel Morrow,is an integrated approach to language arts that gives pre-service and in-service teachers a wealth of valuable information for making children active participants in the process of literacy development. The many ideas are presented through both theoretical and research-based rationales, plus extensive practical applications–teacher and child dialogues; vignettes; lessons; and model interactions between teachers, children, and parents. A comprehensive, balanced approach to literacy teaching and learning, the book provides a wealth of information on how children learn, coupled with the literacy skills and strategies teachers need to make it all happen.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
With its wealth of valuable information for making children active participants in the process of literacy development, this integrated language arts approach brings early childhood perspectives on how children learn together with the literacy skills and strategies teachers need to make it all happen. Here, renowned author Leslie Morrow presents both theoretical and research-based rationales, plus extensive practical applications to show how literacy development is an active process between children and adults–and helps pre- and in-service teachers grasp the scope and complexity of early literacy development. Comprehensive and balanced, the book covers problem solving, comprehension, and phonics and phonemic awareness, giving readers a complete picture of emergent literacy.
In this new seventh edition . . .
· The use of the National Core Standards in Language Arts/Literacy is introduced.
· Response to Intervention is thoroughly explained and illustrated.
· More information on key topics introduced in previous editions:
· More information on English Language Learners
· More information on technology
· More information on motivating children to read.
· More information on Content Oriented Reading Instruction.
· A new Integrated Language Arts Unit appears in an Appendix.
· Activities have been moved from the end of the book to the chapters they belong with for easy access.
· Marginal A+RISE® Teaching Strategies alignwith relevant concepts in the main body of the text and give teachers in grades K-12 quick, research-based strategies to get to the “how” of targeting their instruction and making content accessible for all students, including English language learners.About the Author:
Lesley Mandel Morrow is Professor of Literacy at Rutgers the State University of New Jersey.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Pearson, 2011. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P11013248482X
Book Description Soft cover. Condition: New. 100% BRAND NEW ORIGINAL US PAPERBACK STUDENT 7th Edition / ISBN-10: 013248482X/ Mint condition / Never been read / Shipped out in one business day with free tracking. book. Seller Inventory # 321
Book Description Pearson, 2011. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M013248482X