Based on the belief that even small accommodations make a difference in the success of students with disabilities, this text provides classroom teachers with the knowledge, tools, and practical strategies that will empower them to spark learning in every student. From students with disabilities, culturally diverse students, and students with limited English proficiency to economically disadvantaged students this text provides teachers with the tools they need in their diverse classrooms. Revised to reflect the most current research, terminology and teaching practices, the strength of this text continues to be its numerous learning activities and sample lessons addressing both elementary and secondary classrooms. This edition continues its very popular multi- chapter unit on curriculum adaptations with specific strategies and activities for teaching reading, writing, and mathematics. With a new chapter on Response to Intervention and Progress Monitoring and full integration of the RTI framework, and the increase emphasis on middle and secondary students, this text continues its reign as an outstanding resource for all general education teachers.
This Student Value Edition is a three-hole punched, loose-leaf version of the textbook and provides students the opportunity to personalize their book by incorporating their own notes and taking only the portion of the book they need to class – all at a fraction of the bound book price.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Prepare with the Power of Classroom Practice.
• Complete Assignments and Activities to apply text content to real classroom situations.
• Authentic classroom video shows real teachers and students interacting, and helps prepare you for the classroom.
• Explore the Building Teaching Skills and Dispositions exercises to practice and strengthen the skills that are essential to teaching.
• Case studies offer real-life perspectives on common issues and challenges faced in the classroom.
• Authentic student and teacher classroom artifacts provide you with the actual types of materials encountered every day by teachers.
To order this book WITH MyEducationLab, use either ISBN:
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2010. Hardcover. Book Condition: Brand New. 5th lslf edition. 576 pages. 10.70x8.20x0.80 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # __0132582163
Book Description Pearson, 2010. Loose Leaf. Book Condition: New. 5. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0132582163
Book Description Pearson, 2010. Loose Leaf. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110132582163