Get the Right IT Services, on the Right terms, Without Hassles or Overpaying
To gain the full benefits of technology—and avoid the staggering costs of technology failure—you must manage IT with vision, direction, and expertise. Only one set of methods is robust enough to do this: IT Service Management (ITSM). In Service Intelligence, ITSM pioneer Sharon Taylor shows business managers how to make the most of it. You’ll learn how to ensure service quality, anticipate vulnerabilities, improve reliability, and link IT directly to business performance. Taylor explains ITSM from a true business point of view, cutting through jargon and helping you drive value without becoming overly technical. She gives you powerful tools for negotiating IT services more effectively, improving IT ROI, and escaping “captivity” to either internal or external IT providers.
• Recognizing what excellent IT service looks like and assessing what you’re getting now
• Selecting the best IT service providers and services for your needs
• Spotting and rectifying trouble with internal or external supplier relationships
• Making sure you don’t pay for services you don’t need
• Negotiating services, requirements, levels, price, quality, and delivery
• Leveraging ITSM practices without losing focus on the business
• Creating business-focused service reports and scorecards that focus on what matters most
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Sharon Taylor, Chief Architect of ITIL V3 and Chief Examiner of ITIL qualifications, is one of the world’s leading IT Service Management experts. She is now President of Aspect Group, Inc., a leading provider of ITSM services. Taylor served until recently as chair of itSMF International and spent eight years on itSMF chapter boards and itSMF committees, leading itSMF's growth and improvement. In 2008, she received itSMF UK’s Paul Rappaport Award for outstanding commitment and Lifetime Achievement to IT Service Management.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2011. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110132692074
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2011. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0132692074
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97801326920761.0