This text offers a wealth of practical and proven strategies for successfully including students with disabilities in general education classrooms. The text provides targeted strategies for the subject and skill areas, as well as special needs of individual students, with a strong focus on instructional strategies applied to specific student need areas. An overall theme of “effective, differentiated instruction” is infused throughout the text, relating to those practices that are most closely aligned with academic success. The text is unique in its three-part coverage of 1). the fundamentals of teaching students with special needs, 2). effective general teaching practices, and 3).inclusive practices in specific subject areas. With a strong focus on instructional strategies and how they are applied to specific student need areas, the text goes further by featuring more specific strategies than any other text, and extensive information about the most effective strategies available, and when and how to use them.. This strong focus instructs pre-service teachers and other education personnel on how they can implement in the classroom specific strategies to address a very wide range of grade levels, skill levels, academic content areas; and extensive and very specific information on strategies teachers can use in the areas of most concern to them, e.g., behavior management, handling student confrontations, promoting literacy, memory for school content, motivation to learn, maintaining student attention, adapting assessment and improving test scores, and specific strategies for adapting specific lessons in math, science, social studies, and career and technical education. Specifically written for pre-service or in-service special education teachers who will work with general education teachers in K-12 classrooms, the text is also relevant for school psychologists, counselors, support staff, and other school personnel interested in helping all students succeed in the classroom.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Prepare with the Power of Classroom Practice. Register for MyEducationLab today at www.myeducationlab.com.
MyEducationLab is an online solution that provides highly relevant assignments and resources designed to connect your textbook to real teaching situations. It is fully integrated with your textbook; wherever you see the MyEducationLab logo in the margins or elsewhere in the text, follow the simple instructions to access videos, strategies, cases, and artifacts associated with assignments, activities, and learning units on MyEducationLab.
MyEducationLab provides you with opportunities to study and thoroughly understand your course content and also to practice the skills needed to become a successful classroom teacher:
Prepare with the Power of Classroom Practice.
· Take Practice Tests for each chapter of your text.
– Completion of each practice test generates a study plan that is unique to you.
– The study plan links to text excerpts, activities with feedback, and videos and other media that can help you master concepts covered in your text.
· Complete Assignments and Activities to apply text content to real classroom situations.
· Authentic classroom video shows real teachers and students interacting, and helps prepare you for the classroom.
· Explore the Building Teaching Skills and Dispositions exercises to practice and strengthen the skills that are essential to teaching.
· Case studies offer real-life perspectives on common issues and challenges faced in the classroom.
· Authentic student and teacher classroom artifacts provide you with the actual types of materials encountered every day by teachers.
To order this book WITH MyEducationLab, use either ISBN:
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Pearson, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 4. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0136101275