This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Sara Davis Powell's Your Introduction to Education is the Introduction to Teaching/Foundations text - built from the ground up on authentic classroom experience - that empowers future teachers to explore content and classrooms, reflect on what they’re learning, and develop their own sense of the kind of teacher they aspire to be.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
YOUR INTRODUCTION TO EDUCATION
This is the book - built entirely on authentic classroom experience - that empowers future teachers to explore content and classrooms, reflect on what they’re learning, and develop their own sense of the kind of teacher they aspire to be.
Explore authentic classrooms
· Teaching in Focus sections that open the text, begin each chapter, and are peppered throughout chapters allow you to get to know ten teachers and twelve students from four different schools as they help you examine all the issues related to education today.
Explore your own positions on education
· Where Do I Stand? Inventories beginning every chapter, and Where Do I Stand Now? features at each chapter's end, provide an opportunity for you to examine and re-examine your own notions about teaching
Explore issues of diversity
· Diversity Dialogue features in every chapter give our focus teachers the chance to discuss an issue they’ve come across that relates to the increasing diversity - cultural, ethnic, language, socioeconomic, ability, and sexual identity - seen in contemporary classrooms.
Reflect on your evolving understanding of education and of yourself as an educator
· Points of Reflection features throughout every chapter draw your attention to important ideas and ask you to consider your own thoughts on these issues.
Reflect on educational issues
· In the News features examine an ABC News video clip and ask relevant questions to provide you the opportunity to consider issues from all sides.
Develop your opinions of different issues in contemporary education
· Letter to the Editor features in each chapter explore issues in education by examining an actual letter published in a newspaper, and asking you to consider your own opinion on the issue and compose your own response.
Develop your sense of yourself as an educator
· Developing Professional Competence features ending each chapter provide practice for licensure exams and help you absorb and apply all you’ve covered in the chapter. Beginning with a short case from the classroom of one of our featured teachers, you’ll be asked a series of licensure-type questions and provided an opportunity to consider the impact of standards on the case and on your answers.About the Author:
Sara Davis Powell has been a teacher all her life, first with her stuffed animals, and then with students in elementary, middle, and high schools, followed by college undergraduate and graduate students. She currently is Professor and Chair of the Department of Education at Belmont Abbey College in North Carolina and is active in the American Educational Research Association, the National Middle School Association, and Kappa Delta Pi. In addition to being a frequent conference speaker and facilitator of professional development for K-12 schools, she has authored many articles and several books including the college text Introduction to Middle School (Pearson, 2e, 2011). Sara is the mother of four grown sons and lives with her husband Rus in a cottage on the Catawba River.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Paperback. Condition: New. New, Softcover International Edition, Printed in Black and White, Different ISBN, Same Content As US edition, Book Cover may be Different, in English Language. Seller Inventory # 17398
Book Description Softcover. Condition: New. 2nd edition. Brand NEW, Paperback International Edition. Black & White or color, Cover and ISBN may be different but similar contents as US editions. Standard delivery takes 5-9 business days by USPS/DHL with tracking number. Choose expedited shipping for superfast delivery 3-5 business days by UPS/DHL/FEDEX. We also ship to PO Box addresses but by Standard delivery and shipping charges will be extra. International Edition Textbooks may bear a label -Not for sale in the U.S. or Canada- etc. printed only to discourage U.S. students from obtaining an affordable copy. Legal to use despite any disclaimer on cover as per US court. No access code or CD included unless specified. In some instances, the international textbooks may have different exercises at the end of the chapters. Printed in English. We may ship the books from multiple warehouses across the globe, including India depending upon the availability of inventory storage. In case of orders from Europe, custom charges may comply by the relevant government authority and we are not liable for it. 100% Customer satisfaction guaranteed! Please feel free to contact us for any queries. Seller Inventory # AB_US_1465561
Book Description Pearson. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 0137083696 Brand New,Paperback , International Edition , Same text as US edition ,Different ISBN /Cover , printed in english , Ready to ship, fast delivery (5-8 busienss days ) worldwide. Seller Inventory # INIM30ZA699
Book Description Paperback. Condition: NEW. International Edition, Paperback, Brand New, ISBN and Cover image may differ but contents similar to U.S. Edition, Printed in Black & White. End Chapter Exercises may differ. No CD/Access code. Legal to use despite any disclaimer, We ship to PO , APO and FPO adresses in U.S.A .Choose Expedited Shipping for FASTER DELIVERY.Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed. Seller Inventory # US_9788131765654
Book Description Pearson. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 0137083696 Brand New ,International Edition ,Paperback , Same content as U.S edition ,Different ISBN & Cover , we ship from UK , EU ,fast delivery wordwide ( 5-8 business days ). Seller Inventory # IN121P790
Book Description Condition: Brand New. Brand New Paperback International Edition, Perfect Condition. Printed in English. Excellent Quality, Service and customer satisfaction guaranteed!. Seller Inventory # AINDN-70009
Book Description Pearson. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 0137083696 Brand New ,International Edition ,Paperback , Same content as U.S edition ,Different ISBN & Cover , we ship from UK , EU ,fast delivery wordwide ( 5-8 business days ). Seller Inventory # IN121MM648
Book Description Pearson. PaperBack. Condition: New. International. This is an International edition, ISBN and Cover image may different from US edition, Contents same as US edition Excellent Customer Service. New. Seller Inventory # 3125
Book Description Soft cover. Condition: New. NEW - International Edition - ISBN 9788131765654 - Same Contents as in US edition - in english - 2ed - - SHRINKwrapped BOXpacked - Printed in Asia - Cover image is different from US edition - There is no CD or Access Code- unless specified above - Ships from various locations - Expedited 2 to 4 day Delivery option available -Standard shipping takes 5 to 10 business days - Tracking number is emailed for every order -You get same study contents at a fraction of US edition cost - Save Hard earned money. Seller Inventory # G63
Book Description Condition: Brand New. PAPERBACK,Book Condition New, International Edition. We Do not Ship APO FPO AND PO BOX. Cover Image & ISBN may be different from US edition but contents as US Edition. Printing in English language.NO CD AND ACCESS CODE. Quick delivery by USPS/UPS/DHL/FEDEX/ARAMEX ,Customer satisfaction guaranteed. We may ship the books from Asian regions for inventory purpose. Seller Inventory # ABEADH$$%1829