After years of anticipation, respected authors Phil Allen and Doug Holberg bring you the second edition of their popular textbook, CMOS Analog Circuit Design. From the forefront of CMOS technology, Phil and Doug have combined their expertise as engineers and academics to present a cutting-edge and effective overview of the principles and techniques for designing circuits. Their two main goals are:
· to mix the academic and practical viewpoints in a treatment that is neither superficial nor overly detailed and
· to teach analog integrated circuit design with a hierarchically organized approach.
Most of the techniques and principles presented in the second edition have been taught over the last ten years to industry members. Their needs and questions have greatly shaped the revision process, making this new edition a valuable resource for practicing engineers.
The trademark approach of Phil and Doug's textbook is its design recipes, which take readers step-by-step through the creation of real circuits, explaining complex design problems. The book provides detailed coverage of often-neglected areas and deliberately leaves out bipolar analog circuits, since CMOS is the dominant technology for analog integrated circuit design. Appropriate for advanced undergraduates and graduate students with background knowledge in basic electronics including biasing, modeling, circuit analysis, and frequency response, CMOS Analog Circuit Design, Second Edition, presents a complete picture of design (including modeling, simulation, and testing) and enables readers to design an analog circuit that can be implemented by CMOS technology.
· Orients the experience of the expert within the perspective of design methodology
· Identifies common mistakes made by beginning designers
· Provides problems with each chapter that reinforce and develop student understanding
· Contains numerous problems that can be used as homework, quiz, or exam problems
· Includes a new section on switched-capacitor circuits
· Includes helpful appendices that provide simulation techniques and the following supplemental material:
A brief review of circuit analysis for CMOS analog design
A calculator program for analyzing CMOS circuits
A summary of time-frequency domain relationships for second-order systems
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Phillip E. Allen is at Georgia Institute of Technology.Review:
"The greatest strength of the book is that it provides a clear learning path-from device, technology, and modeling, to building blocks, subcircuits, and applications."--Yun Chiu, University of Texas, Dallas
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2002. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110195116445
Book Description Oxford University Press. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0195116445 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.0039469
Book Description Oxford University Press. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0195116445 Brand new book. International Edition. Ship from multiple locations. 3-5 business days Express Delivery to USA/UK/Europe/Asia/Worldwide. Tracking number will be provided. Satisfaction guaranteed. Bookseller Inventory # SKU000059