This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Designed for the standard sophomore- and junior-level course in electromagnetics, Elements of Electromagnetics, 3/e, continues the highly regarded pedagogical tradition established by its successful previous editions. It offers students the most lucid and interesting presentation available of fundamental concepts and applications in electromagnetics. Revised and updated, this third edition adds a new chapter on modern topics covering microwaves, electromagnetic interference and compatibility, fiber optics, and more. A solutions manual accompanies the text.
· Begins with vector analysis and applies it gradually throughout the text, avoiding the frequent interruptions that occur when mathematical background is interspersed sporadically throughout a text
· Incorporates many helpful pedagogical features including chapter introductions and summaries, boxed formulas, multiple-choice review questions, and thoroughly worked-out examples followed by practice exercises
· Treats mathematical theorems separately from physical concepts, making it easier for students to grasp the theorems
· Devotes an entire chapter to modern computer tools used in electromagnetics
· Motivates student learning with more than 100 illustrative examples and over 600 figures
· Provides a balanced presentation of time-varying fields and static fields, preparing students for employment in today's industrial and manufacturing sectors
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Matthew N. O. Sadiku is at Temple University.Review:
"This is an EXCELLENT intermediate-level text, which covers basic vector calculus, electrostatics, magnetostatics, electrodynamics, wave propagation in free space and in waveguides, antennas, and transmission lines. This is essential for work in the RF, microwave, and optical frequency rangse." --Walter M. Nunn, Florida Institute of Technology
"This is a very good, systematic, scientifically and mathematically correct introduction to electromagnetics."--Carolyne M. Van Vliet Florida International University
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Oxford University Press, Incorporated. Soft cover. Condition: New. New, 3rd Edition .Delivery time is 3-5 business days via either UPS, FedEx, DHL. Premium quality books. Seller Inventory # 019513477X
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2000. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P11019513477X
Book Description Oxford University Press, USA, 2000. Hardcover. Condition: New. 3. Seller Inventory # DADAX019513477X
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2000. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M019513477X