This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Now in its ninth edition, this classic book retains the features that have made it the best-selling introductory human communication text in the field: an engaging and reader-friendly style; an inviting visual design that includes high-interest marginalia on virtually every page; up-to-date information on technology, gender, and cultural diversity; and everyday applications based on solid research and theory. Maintaining the quality of presentation and student-focused pedagogy that have characterized previous editions, Understanding Human Communication, Ninth Edition, incorporates updated examples and coverage of current communication theory. It continues to equip students with effective communication skills that will make a difference in their everyday lives.
New to the Ninth Edition:
* New material on mediated communication, personal listening styles, deceptive communication, and informative speaking
* A revised section on the Cumulative Effects Theory and more applications of communication in the workplace, within the family, and at school
* Updated research and examples on negative/positive language and gender influences on communication
* Improved design and pedagogy: case studies at the opening of each part, highlights at the beginning of each chapter, and completely annotated full speech outlines with accompanying sample speeches
* Additional teaching and learning resources: Student Success Manual, Student Resources Disc, expanded Instructor's Manual and Test Bank, Instructor's Disc, and an extensive web site
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Ronald B. Adler is at Santa Barbara City College. George Rodman is at Brooklyn College, City University of New York.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Paperback. Condition: New. New, Softcover International Edition, Printed in Black and White, Only USPS Media mail Shipping ONLY, Different ISBN, Same Content As US edition, Book Cover may be Different, in English Language. Seller Inventory # 19655
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2005. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0195178335
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2005. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110195178335
Book Description Oxford University Press. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 0195178335 New Condition. Seller Inventory # NEW99.0080173
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # STRM-0195178335
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2005. Paperback. Condition: New. 9. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 0195178335n