Now in its ninth edition, this classic book retains the features that have made it the best-selling introductory human communication text in the field: an engaging and reader-friendly style; an inviting visual design that includes high-interest marginalia on virtually every page; up-to-date information on technology, gender, and cultural diversity; and everyday applications based on solid research and theory. Maintaining the quality of presentation and student-focused pedagogy that have characterized previous editions, Understanding Human Communication, Ninth Edition, incorporates updated examples and coverage of current communication theory. It continues to equip students with effective communication skills that will make a difference in their everyday lives.
New to the Ninth Edition:
* New material on mediated communication, personal listening styles, deceptive communication, and informative speaking
* A revised section on the Cumulative Effects Theory and more applications of communication in the workplace, within the family, and at school
* Updated research and examples on negative/positive language and gender influences on communication
* Improved design and pedagogy: case studies at the opening of each part, highlights at the beginning of each chapter, and completely annotated full speech outlines with accompanying sample speeches
* Additional teaching and learning resources: Student Success Manual, Student Resources Disc, expanded Instructor's Manual and Test Bank, Instructor's Disc, and an extensive web site
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Ronald B. Adler is at Santa Barbara City College. George Rodman is at Brooklyn College, City University of New York.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0195178335
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: New. Softcover Book, New Condition, Fast Shipping. Ready in Stock. 9th Edition. [Please Read Carefully Before Buying], This Is An International Edition. Printed In Black and White. 544 Pages, Book Cover And ISBN No May Be Different From US Edition. Restricted Sales Disclaimer Wordings Not For Sales In USA And Canada May Be Printed On The Cover Of The Book. Standard Shipping 7-14 Business Days. Expedited Shiping 4-8 Business Days. ***WE DO NOT ENTERTAIN BULK ORDERS.*** The Books May Be Ship From Overseas For Inventory Purpose. Bookseller Inventory # 353333
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: New. New, Softcover International Edition, Printed in Black and White, Only USPS Media mail Shipping ONLY, Different ISBN, Same Content As US edition, Book Cover may be Different, in English Language. Bookseller Inventory # 19655
Book Description Oxford University Press, USA, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 9. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0195178335
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110195178335
Book Description Oxford University Press. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0195178335 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.0041365