This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Ideal for undergraduate courses in aural skills, Progressive Sight Singing introduces students to the underlying grammar and syntax of musical structure and prepares them to perceive that structure with both the ear and the eye. Working from the premise that students learn musical skills in much the same order as they do language skills, this book employs a unique pedagogical structure that introduces the concept of sound before sight. It trains the ear first--through hearing and imitating patterns--teaching students to hear and perform before they read and write.
* Extensively and successfully class-tested at colleges and universities nationwide
* Adds only one new element per chapter and incorporates components from previous chapters into examples and exercises, thereby continuously reinforcing learned skills
* Integrates a rich variety of well-paced, graduated exercises covering rhythmic and melodic reading, dictation, audiation, musical memory, and error detection
* Encourages students to actively participate (sing, chant, write, create, improvise) in the practice of each concept in order to become skilled musicians
* Offers instructors great flexibility in that they can use the tonal and reading systems they prefer; the appendixes provide a brief overview of each system
* Packaged with an audio CD that includes rhythm and tonal patterns introduced in the book; this connects the eye to the ear and helps student hone their aural skills
* Supplemented by an Instructor's Manual that expands upon the pedagogy underlying the book, offers solutions to the exercises, and provides additional exercises and teaching tips
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Carol Krueger is Associate Director of Choral Studies at the University of South Carolina.Review:
"At last, a wholistic pedagogical approach to ear training. Parceled as mini-steps for learning.... Flawless organization and understanding how humans develop new aspects within comfortable territory."--Dennis B. Plies, Warner Pacific College
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2006. Plastic Comb. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110195178475
Book Description Oxford University Press. PLASTIC COMB. Condition: New. 0195178475 New Condition. Seller Inventory # NEW7.0041372
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # S-0195178475
Book Description Oxford University Press, USA, 2006. Plastic Comb. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX0195178475
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2006. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0195178475