This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Now in its ninth edition, this classic book retains the features that have made it the best-selling introductory human communication text in the field: an engaging and reader-friendly style; an inviting visual design that includes high-interest marginalia on virtually every page; up-to-date information on technology, gender, and cultural diversity; and everyday applications based on solid research and theory. Maintaining the quality of presentation and student-focused pedagogy that have characterized previous editions, Understanding Human Communication, Ninth Edition, incorporates updated examples and coverage of current communication theory. It continues to equip students with effective communication skills that will make a difference in their everyday lives.
This bundle also includes the Student Success Manual to accompany Understanding Human Communication, Ninth Edition, an invaluable resource that includes information on learning styles, guidelines for effective studying according to one's learning style, and additional activities for each chapter in nderstanding Human Communication.
New to the Ninth Edition:
* New material on mediated communication, personal listening styles, deceptive communication, and informative speaking
* A revised section on the Cumulative Effects Theory and more applications of communication in the workplace, within the family, and at school
* Updated research and examples on negative/positive language and gender influences on communication
* Improved design and pedagogy: case studies at the opening of each part, highlights at the beginning of each chapter, and completely annotated full speech outlines with accompanying sample speeches
* Additional teaching and learning resources: Student Resources Disc (in text), expanded Instructor's Manual and Test Bank, Instructor's Disc, and an extensive web site.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Ronald Adler is a Professor of Communication at Santa Barbara City College. George Rodman is a Professor of Television and Radio, Brooklyn College, CUNY. Jeanne Elmhorst it at Albuquerque Technical and Vocational Institute.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2005. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110195305140
Book Description Oxford University Press. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 0195305140 New Condition. Seller Inventory # NEW99.0081421
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2005. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0195305140
Book Description Oxford University Press, USA, 2005. Paperback. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX0195305140