This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Engineering Your Future: A Comprehensive Introduction to Engineering, Eighth Edition, is an authoritative guide to the academic expectations and professional opportunities in engineering, a field that is both academically rigorous and creatively demanding. Today's engineering students are faced with endless career opportunities. Engineering Your Future clarifies those options and directs students down the path to a rewarding career in the engineering field. With exceptionally broad coverage, the book provides instructors unparalleled flexibility in any introductory course.
A companion website for the book, containing PowerPoint-based lecture notes and images from the book for professors, is available online at www.oup.com/us/oakes.
Engineering Your Future is also available in a brief edition containing the most popular chapters from this comprehensive edition. For more information on that title, please visit its website at http://global.oup.com/ushe/product/engineering-your-future-9780199348053?q=oakes%20engineering&lang=en&cc=us.
· Introduces students to the broad spectrum of engineering disciplines, with up-to-date data on degrees granted, employment opportunities, and salaries
· Highlights the ethical responsibilities of engineers
· Focuses on developing problem-solving and communication skills that are critical to success both in the classroom and in the working world
· Introduces a design methodology that can be used immediately and in subsequent design courses
· Provides a handy review of units and conversions, mathematics, and engineering fundamentals
New to this Edition
· A new Appendix A features "Nine Excel Skills Every Engineering Student Should Know"
· Chapter 13 on technical communication skills has been completely revised and updated
· Updated statistics for the job market provide critical data to help inform students' career decisions
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
William C. Oakes, P.E., is Professor of Engineering Education and Director of the EPICS Program at Purdue University.
Les L. Leone is Assistant Dean Emeritus at the College of Engineering, Michigan State University.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2014. Paperback. Condition: New. Brand New!. Seller Inventory # VIB0199348014
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2014. Soft cover. Condition: New. New book, never read. Pages clean and crisp, spine unbroken. 0420J. Seller Inventory # A0420-184
Book Description Condition: new. Seller Inventory # think0199348014
Book Description Oxford University Press. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 0199348014 New US Edition Textbook, Ships with Emailed Tracking from USA. Seller Inventory # Z0199348014ZN