Ideal for introductory studio art courses in drawing, Drawing Essentials: A Guide to Drawing from Observation, Second Edition, explains clearly and in depth the essentials of depicting form and space on a two-dimensional surface, focusing on the cultivation of observational skills, increased sensitivity, critical thinking, technical refinement, and knowledge of materials.
* Written by an award-winning artist with thirty years of teaching experience
* Presents clear, direct explanations of drawing fundamentals including: the process of sighting; scaling techniques; creating meaningful line variation; methods for tonal development; creating effective still lifes; understanding the human figure, portraiture, and anatomy; color theory and application; perspective systems; using photos as references; and brainstorming to generate ideas
* Provides helpful pointers on both group and individual critiques
* Offers practical advice about traditional and nontraditional media and surfaces as well as alternative processes that can be combined with drawing
* Includes a comprehensive appendix featuring more than eighty illustrations by twenty-one contemporary artists, a bibliography, and a list of supplementary readings
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Deborah Rockman is Chair of the Drawing and Printmaking Programs at Kendall College of Art and Design, Ferris State University.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2011. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110199758948
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2011. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Brand New!. Bookseller Inventory # VIB0199758948
Book Description Oxford University Press, USA, 2011. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 2. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0199758948
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2011. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0199758948