Engineering--a field that is both academically rigorous and creatively demanding. Faced with endless career opportunities, today's students matriculate without a clear idea about the study and practice of engineering. With a unique modular approach, Engineering Your Future is an authoritative guide to the academic expectations and professional opportunities in the engineering field.
Engineering Your Future: A Brief Introduction to Engineering, Fourth Edition, is a concise, inexpensive version of Engineering Your Future: A Comprehensive Introduction to Engineering, Seventh Edition. Containing the twelve most popular chapters from the comprehensive version, the Brief offers the best option for instructors looking for a solid base to work from while they incorporate outside projects or assignments.
* Introduces students to the broad spectrum of engineering disciplines, with up-to-date data on degrees granted, employment opportunities, and salaries
* Highlights the ethical responsibilities of engineers
* Focuses on developing all-important problem-solving and communication skills that are critical to success both in the classroom and in the working world
* Offers guidance both for leading teams and, just as importantly, for being an effective member of a team
* Introduces a design methodology that can be used immediately and in subsequent design courses
New to this Edition
* Updated Computer Tools chapter covers computer use from the history of the internet through advanced engineering packages, including spreadsheets, mathematical programs, social media, and communicating via email
* Effective coverage of teamwork for engineering classes shows students how a diversity of skills is essential to their future careers
* Updated green and bioengineering information address current issues including sustainability and advancing human health
* Fresh new profiles of contemporary engineers and their current research give students an insider's glimpse into what fields they may be most suited for
* Up-to-date statistics for the job market provide critical data to help inform students' career decisions
Oakes EYF Brief IRCD (9780199798520)
Instructor's CD contains PowerPoint-based lectures and computerized test bank
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
William C. Oakes is Associate Professor of Freshman Engineering at Purdue University.
Les L. Leone is former Director of Cooperative Engineering Education at Michigan State University.
Craig J. Gunn is Director of Communications in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Michigan State University.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2011. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110199797552
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2011. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0199797552
Book Description Oxford University Press. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0199797552 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.0049583