This edition of the bestselling guide to Prolog has been fully revised and extended to provide an even greater range of applications, enhancing its value as a stand-alone guide to Prolog, Artificial Intelligence or AI programming for professional programmers and students alike. Features discusses natural language processing with grammar rules,planning and machine learnin coverage of meta-programming now includes meta-interpreters and object-oriented programming in Prolog Program code for this book is available from our ftp site at
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Prolog Programming for Artificial Intelligence
The third edition of this best-selling guide to Prolog and Artificial Intelligence has been updated to include key developments in the field while retaining its lucid approach to these topics. Divided into two parts, the first part of the book introduces the programming language Prolog, while the second part teaches Artificial Intelligence using Prolog as a tool for the implementation of AI techniques.
Prolog has its roots in logic, however the main aim of this book is to teach Prolog as a practical programming tool. This text therefore concentrates on the art of using the basic mechanisms of Prolog to solve interesting problems. The third edition has been fully revised and extended to provide an even greater range of applications, which further enhance its value as a self-contained guide to Prolog, AI or AI Programming for students and professional programmers alike.
· Combined approach to Prolog and AI allows flexibility for learning and teaching
· Provides a thorough representation of AI, emphasizing practical techniques and Prolog implementations
· Prolog programs for use in projects and research are available for download on the World Wide Web.
New for this edition:
· Constraint Logic Programming
· Qualitative Reasoning
· Inductive Logic Programming
· The addition of belief networks for handling uncertainty
· A major update on machine learning
· Additional techniques for improving program efficiency
· Meta-programming is updated to show how Prolog can be used to implement other languages (including object-oriented programming)
· A new Companion Web Site will contain further teaching materials and updates
Professor Ivan Bratko leads the AI groups in the Faculty of Computer and Information Science at both Ljubljana University and the Jozef Stefan Institute in Slovenia. He has taught Prolog world-wide as well as applying Prolog in medical expert systems, robot programming, qualitative modelling and computer chess research.
Professor Ivan Bratko leads the AI Lab in the Faculty of Computer and Information Science at Ljubljana University. He has taught Prolog world-wide as well as applying Prolog in medical expert systems, robot programming, qualitative modelling and computer chess research.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Addison-Wesley Pub (Sd), 1990. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0201416069
Book Description Addison-Wesley Pub (Sd), 1990. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 2nd. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0201416069
Book Description Addison-Wesley Pub (Sd), 1990. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110201416069