This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Whether you are using FileMaker 3 with third-party helper applications such as Tango, Lasso, or Web FM, or FileMaker 4 with its integrated Web publishing features, this book is designed to help you get your database online quickly and effectively. Maria Langer guides you step-by-step through the various ways of connecting your FileMaker database to the World Wide Web or corporate intranet. Chock-full of practical tips and juicy tricks, as well as valuable, everyday advice for any database publisher, Database Publishing with FileMaker on the Web is the indispensible guide to putting your database online. You'll find out all about:
* Static vs. Dynamic publishing--which one is appropriate for your specific needs?
* CDML--Claris Dynamic Markup Language, the "glue" that allows FileMaker to interact with Web pages.
* The variety of security options available to FileMaker Web publishers.
* Effective ways of using third-party Web publishing add-ons in FileMaker 3 and FileMaker 4.
* Including graphics in your published data.
* Making your database interactive without using CGI.
* Handling transactions over the Web, including shopping carts, credit card authorizations, and creating packing slips and invoices.
Get the inside scoop on FileMaker 4's new Web publishing features:
* Export to HTML Table--Automatically creates an HTML table based on database information.
* Instant Web Publishing--The fastest, easiest way to get your database online.
* Custom Web Publishing--Create custom Web pages that automatically display your database info exactly how you want it.
* Web Companion--Learn how to configure FileMaker to suit your publishing and security needs.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Maria Langer has written more than 20 computer books. She also writes for MacWEEK, MacAddict, NetProfessional, FileMaker Pro Advisor, and Computer User. She is a consultant, Webmaster, computer trainer, and regular speaker at Macworld Expo.From Library Journal:
FileMaker Pro is a relational database popular in Windows and Mac environments. It is the best database available on the Mac side and rates just behind Access for Windows. Langer offers a well-written book explaining how to use FileMaker Pro for dynamic data publishing on the Internet?that is, serving up pages of data that look different depending on what sorts of information the user requested. Langer covers FileMaker's generic web-publishing features, customized web publishing, configuration and security, and third-party tie-ins, such as Lasso, Tango and Web-FM. This is not a book for beginners who don't understand relational data design, but it is an excellent book for webmasters looking to expand beyond static web pages.
Copyright 1998 Reed Business Information, Inc.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Pearson Education, 1998. Paperback. Condition: New. 1. Seller Inventory # DADAX0201696657
Book Description Longman Group. Condition: New. pp. 440. Seller Inventory # 2645375261
Book Description Longman Group. Condition: New. pp. 440. Seller Inventory # 46391490