This concise text discusses a wide range of quantitative research methods, including advanced techniques such as logic regression, multilevel modeling, and structural equation modeling. Because the text emphasizes concepts rather than mathematics and computation formulas, it is accessible to a wide range of users of research. Professional practitioners in areas such education, business, social work, and psychology can gain an understanding of research methods sufficient to base their work on advanced research in their fields. The text discusses the quantitative designs and analytic techniques most needed by students in the social sciences and in applied disciplines such as education, social work, and business. It teaches what the various methods mean, when to use them, and how to interpret their results. Since it emphasizes general understanding rather than mathematical foundations, students are able to review a broad range of methods in a comparatively short space.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
This concise text discusses a wide range of quantitative research methods, including advanced techniques such as logic regression, multilevel modeling, and structural equation modeling. Because the text emphasizes concepts rather than mathematics and computational formulas, it is accessible to a wide range of research users, Professional practitioners in areas such as education, business, social work, and psychology gain an understanding of research methods, enabling them to interpret advanced research in their fields.
· Accessibility to readers of any level, including those with no mathematics beyond elementary arithmetic and a limited background in research methods and statistics, as text discusses advanced methods with ease.
· Three part organization–The Basics, Advanced Methods, and Specialized Applications–provides instructors the flexibility to choose among advanced techniques and specialized applications.
· Real data is used to illustrate and compare the uses of analytic techniques. Students are provided with the data sets so they can use a statistical package to try out the techniques on their own.
· Integrated discussions of design and measurement as well as analysis provide students with a complete picture of the entire research process.
· Helpful and thoughtful discussion questions help instructors and students probe subjects more deeply and apply the chapters’ concepts to topics of particular interest to them. · An informative self-test comprised of multiple-choice and true-false questions concludes each chapter.
· An online Instructor’s Manual contains discussion of self-test questions and their answers, as well as hundreds of additional field-tested test questions that instructors may use for their examinations.
Package this text with [ MyLabSchool Logo ] and Research Navigator–a powerful set of online tools that bring the classroom to life!
Visit www.mylabschool.com for more information!
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Pearson. Book Condition: New. 0205359132 Choose Expedited shipping for fastest delivery. Satisfaction Guaranteed. Orders ship within 1-2 business days w/ free USPS tracking. Bookseller Inventory # Z0205359132ZN
Book Description Pearson. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0205359132 New. Looks like an interesting title, learn more! We provide domestic tracking upon request. We provide personalized customer service and want you to have a great experience purchasing from us. 100% satisfaction guaranteed and thank you for your consideration. Bookseller Inventory # S-0205359132
Book Description Allyn & Bacon, 2006. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0205359132
Book Description Pearson. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0205359132 New US Edition Textbook, Ships with Emailed Tracking from USA. Bookseller Inventory # Z0205359132ZN