This first text in Allyn & Bacon’s new Educational Leadership series from Peabody College, clarifies the complex financial issues facing educational administrators and presents them in a clear and engaging manner. This text was developed by the leading scholars in school finance as part of a series from one of the leading Schools of Education in the world. It is “Modern” not only in the sense that the information it presents is current, but in the manner in which it engages the reader to understand and apply that information. With its strong basis in current research, and easy-to-use, intuitive features, this book strikes an effective balance between the informational and the pedagogical. It covers trends (both historical and current) in educational finance and includes calculations and problems for students to work, and its “Modern” approach pays close attention to the new realities of accountability, resource allocation, and policy. The case studies and interactive pedagogy make this a very practical text.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Guthrie, Modern Educational Finance and Policy (Peabody College Education Leadership Series), 1/e
“This book is quite comprehensive and unique in that it focuses on information and pedagogy while striking a balance between theory and practice. Most of the competitors cannot make this claim.”
—Leon Hendricks, Chicago State University
“My overall opinion of the book is excellent. This would be the most comprehensive text on the market with outstanding research. I would definitively consider adopting this book.”
—Frank Brown, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
“The book is presented like an excellent lecture. The material is clearly, carefully, and expertly presented.”
—Mary K. McCullough, Loyola Marymount University
This text was developed by the leading scholars in school finance as part of a series from one of the leading Schools of Education in the world. The Peabody College Education Leadership Series will provide readers with a succinct and practical analysis of current Educational Leadership topics. Its modern approach pays close attention to the new realities of accountability, resource allocation, and policy. This book covers trends (both historical and current) in educational finance and includes calculations and problems for students to solve, and the case studies and interactive pedagogy make this a very practical text.
· The text opens with case studies, each demonstrating real issues faced by educational administrators today. These case studies are then referenced throughout the text as students master successive material.
· The text’s Newsworthy feature reproduces current news articles from national publications, demonstrating the immediacy of issues related to educational finance.
· Keywords in the text are called out by icon as searchable in Pearson’s Research Navigator™, the easiest way for students to start a research assignment or research paper.
· Chapters close with several pages of practical material, including a Summary, Discussion Questions, and Web Resources.
· An Instructor’s Manual with resources and test items is available online to adopters by contacting your local representative.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Pearson, 2006. Book Condition: New. Brand new! Please provide a physical shipping address. Bookseller Inventory # 9780205470013
Book Description Pearson, 2006. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0205470017
Book Description Pearson, 2006. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110205470017