Construct and Implement Your Own Lighting Designs with the most trusted guide to stage lighting!
An entertaining and educational read, author Steven Louis Shelley draws from his 35+ years of diverse experience to bring you the step-by-step technical tools for getting the job done along with real-life examples of projects from start to finish. Learn why some techniques are successful while others fail with 'Shelley's Notes' and 'Shelley's Soapbox,' all with a humor that guides you through complex problems and concepts.
Some of the topics covered:
* Deduction of the research, production meetings, and personal choices that result in evolution of the core lighting design documents
* Chapters analyzing technical specifications, advancing production facilities, and turning that information into accurate draftings
* Illustrated step-by-step construction of some of the systems in the preliminary light plot
* Examination of the processes involved in construction and submission of shop orders, and reacting to bids, cuts and changes that affect the light plot
* Discussions about preparations prior to the load-in, including prepping the lighting rental package, creating truck packs, and watching run-throughs
This enlightening reference is a necessary addition to anyone serious about stage lighting.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The first edition of A Practical Guide to Stage Lighting followed the process and explained one set of methods used to create and apply paperwork that culminated in a fully mounted lighting design for the musical "Hokey".
This second edition pulls back the wizard's curtain to reveal the step-by-step processes involved in the creation and realization of that lighting design. With ninety new topics, twenty new forms, and fifteen new drafting presentations, Shelley expands his painstaking analysis into the methods and processes that take place to create the light plot and a lighting design in the first place.
Steve Shelley has worked in theatre for over 35 years as a lighting designer, production manger, and stage manager in New York City, throughout the United States, and on four continents. His lighting designs are included in the repertories many dance companies, and he's designed lighting on Broadway, Off-Broadway, as well as concerts, television, regional theatre, and regional opera. Steve is the author of numerous articles in trade magazines and has conducted multiple seminars at theatrical lighting conventions and major universities around North America. He's also the inventor and patent holder of the award-winning Field TemplatesT and SoftSymbolsT (www.fieldtemplate.com). He lives in New York City.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Focal Press, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0240811410
Book Description Focal Press, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110240811410
Book Description Focal Press. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0240811410 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.0059054