This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
A comprehensive guide to knitting covering all the techniques needed to learn to knit and beyond
The Knitting Encyclopedia is a wonderful reference guide for knitters of all levels. Whether you're just learning to cast on, or designing your first sweater, here is your guide through all the skills you need to get started mastering this amazing craft:
- Materials and equipment-- from types of needles to stitch holders--both basic and advanced equipment is covered in full detail
- The basics-- casting on, knit and purl stitches, and casting off
- Intermediate techniques-- how to read patterns and make patterned stitches using knit and purl combinations
- Advanced and complex techniques like how to adapt patterns to make them your own
- A comprehensive stitch directory, grouped into sections on lightweight stitches, heavyweight stitches, colorwork, lace, aran, and edgings
- The pattern section provides 30 stunning projects to make, with detailed instructions to progress through all the skills needed to become an accomplished knitter.
- 500 color photographs throughout
The hidden spiral binding and easy to use cross-referencing ensure that this will be a user-friendly resource that knitters will turn to again and again.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
CLAIRE MONTGOMERIE is a textile designer specializing in knitting. After receiving her MA in knitted textiles from the Royal College of Art, she began designing her own range of knitted accessories, toys, and garments. Claire has designed patterns for knitting books, made knitwear for costumes used in film, and exhibited her work. She is also the author of The Knitter's Yarn Palette.Review:
“After reviewing the Basic Techniques section, you'll be more than ready to hit the Simple Projects full on.” ―Knit Simple
“If you don't have a knitters reference guide in your private library or are just starting a knitting library, this book has a lot of information all in one place.” ―Paula Moliver, Hartford Knitting Examiner
“This comprehensive guide from Claire Montgomerie is a clear, informative reference for knitters of all levels.” ―Knit 1-2-3
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description St. Martin's Griffin, 2012. Hardcover. Condition: New. 1 Spi. Seller Inventory # DADAX0312640161
Book Description St. Martin's Griffin, 2012. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0312640161
Book Description St. Martin's Griffin, 2012. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110312640161
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # STRM-0312640161
Book Description St. Martin's Griffin, 2012. Hardcover. Condition: New. 1 Spi. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 0312640161n