e-Discovery Best Practices is an authoritative, insider's perspective on best practices for effective e-discovery. Featuring partners and chairs from some of the nation's leading law firms, these experts guide the reader in evaluating existing policies, understanding current trends, and managing electronic data. From creating a document retention plan to prioritizing a successful defense, these leaders offer strategies for developing policies and instituting training on technologies integral for effective e-discovery. Additionally, these top lawyers give tips for executing litigation, identifying enforcement issues and costs, and avoiding common mistakes. Finally, these experts discuss working with key players, conducting self-tests and audits, and adhering to legal standards. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts around the keys to navigating an increasingly-enforced and rapidly-changing area of law.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business intelligence from C-Level executives (Chairman, CEO, CFO, CMO, Partner) from the world's most respected companies nationwide, rather than third-party accounts from unknown authors and analysts. Each chapter is comparable to an essay/thought leadership piece and is a future-oriented look at where an industry, profession or topic is headed and the most important issues for the future. Through an exhaustive selection process, each author was hand-picked by the Inside the Minds editorial board to author a chapter for this book.
1. Daniel M. Anderson, Partner, Schottenstein, Zox & Dunn Co. LPA "Benefits of Implementing e-Discovery Best Practices"
2. Richard A. Samdal & Charles M. Denton, Partner and Chair of Technology Committee & Partner and Chair of Environmental Litigation Group, Varnum Riddering Schmidt & Howlett LLP "The Evolution of e-Discovery"
3. Melissa E. Darigan, Partner, Partridge Snow & Hahn LLP "ESI Management and e-Discovery: Successful Strategies"
4. Frank J. Bailey, Attorney, Sherin and Lodgen LLP "Responding to e-Discovery Trends: Meeting e-Discovery Obligations in a Dynamic Technology Environment"
5. Michael Anderton, Counsel, Tucker Ellis & West LLP "The Pain and Discomfort Caused by Discovery of Electronic Information in Litigation can be Managed and Reduced"
6. James Anelli, Shareholder, LeClairRyan "Implementing Effective e-Discovery Programs"
7. Eric S. Adams, Partner, Shutts & Bowen LLP "Electronically Stored Information and e-Discovery: Emerging Trends and Best Practices"
8. John R. Branson, Shareholder, Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz PC "Recent Trends in the e-Discovery Realm"
9. Elizabeth Acee, Partner, Tyler Cooper "The Cyber Six: Best Practices to Avoid e-Discovery Disputes"
Appendix A: Spoliation Notice
Appendix B: Preservation Letter
Appendix C: Database Collection Form
Appendix D: Data Harvesting/Collection Questionnaire
Appendix E: Initial Document Collection Interview Form
Appendix F: Questionnaire for IT Staff Re: e-Discovery Compliance
Appendix G: Sample Report of Parties FRCP 26(f) Planning Conference
Appendix H: Sample Litigation Hold Letter
Appendix I: Amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
Appendix J: Sample Memo RE ESI
Appendix K: Suggested Protocol for Discovery of Electronically Stored Information ("ESI")
Appendix L: Local Rules of Civil Procedure
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Aspatore Books, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0314194665
Book Description Aspatore Books, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0314194665
Book Description West Group, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 14.6 x 21.59 cm. Our orders are sent from our warehouse locally or directly from our international distributors to allow us to offer you the best possible price and delivery time. Book. Bookseller Inventory # MM-20296593
Book Description Aspatore Books, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 289 pages. 8.50x5.75x0.75 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # 0314194665