More reference power than ever before―in print and online! The field's state-of-the-art reference is now available as an e-dition. This multimedia product offers two ways to access the resource JAMA called "One of the most comprehensive and up-to-date single reference texts in the field"―as a traditional printed book and as a dynamic, continually updated website. In the book, nearly 1,700 pages and 1,900 illustrations (95% in full color) deliver today's best guidance on molecular biology/cytogenetics, the latest diagnostic techniques, management strategies, surgical approaches, and much more. And, at www.ophtext.com, you can consult the entire contents of the book with all of the speed and convenience of today's technology. You'll also be able to download a spectacular collection of electronic images. And, Drs. Yanoff and Duker personally oversee regular content updates to ensure that you receive all of the important new information that is essential to you patients and your practice.
- Presents eight brand-new chapters: Perspectives on Aberrations of the Eye; Laser-Assisted In Situ Keratomileusis Complications; Management of LASIK Complications; Laser Epithelial Keratomileusis; Laser Thermal Keratoplasty; Epibulbar Tumors; Most Urgent Ophthalmic Pathologies; and Nonpenetrating Glaucoma Surgery.
- Offers an entirely new section―Neuro-ophthalmologic Emergencies―as well as completely revised sections on Refractive Surgery; Cataract; Cornea and External Disease; and Uveitis and Other Intraocular Inflammations.
- Provides a wealth of new material on molecular biology/cytogenetics · electronic images · electronic vision · and wavefront testing.
- Features more than 400 new illustrations.
- Is available as a book...as a dynamic, continuously updated, fully searchable web site...or as a breakthrough e-dition book/web access package!
- Additional web site bonus material includes: Access to Mosby's Drug Consult · Image bank containing all of the images and illustrations from the book - downloadable for use in reports, presentations, and more · References hyperlinked to PubMed to assist in research · Weekly updates to the text to reflect the latest guidelines, techniques, devices, and more!
The New Edition incorporates new material on:
- Laser-assisted surgical techniques
- Nonpenetrating glaucoma surgery
- Neuro-ophthalmologic emergencies
- and much more.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should access to the web site be discontinued.