Deep Tissue Massage Treatment: A Handbook of Neuromuscular Therapy, 1e (Mosby's Massage Career Development)
Presented in a clear and easy-to-use format, this book provides basic assessment of neuromuscular conditions and an overview of techniques specific to deep tissue massage. The most commonly used techniques are covered with illustrations and hints for performing techniques. The bulk of the book presents treatment routines for the 22 most commonly encountered neuromuscular conditions. Routines are outlined step-by-step and clearly describe exactly what therapists need to do to treat a particular condition. Includes a DVD-ROM with over 1 hour of video showing the techniques described in the text.
- The first text on the market that delineates deep tissue routines or treatments.
- Provides techniques, routines, and procedures for the treatment of a wide array of neuromuscular conditions, including carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis and golfer's elbow, frozen shoulder, rotator cuff dysfunctions, thoracic outlet syndrome, whiplash, migraines, kyphosis, lordosis, and scoliosis, among others.
- Each chapter on conditions follows a template with a definition of the condition, a list of associated symptoms, indications and contraindications for massage, and a procedure/routine.
- Routines are outlined step-by-step and clearly describe for the therapist exactly what needs to be done to treat a particular condition.
- Heavily illustrated, with many photos of each technique and routine, as well as some photos illustrating conditions.
- Photos of indicated and contraindicated stretches with a brief explanation of why they are indicated or contraindicated.
- Includes DVD-ROM with over 1 hour of video showing techniques desribed in the text.
- An excellent clinical companion for massage therapists.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
About the Author
Enrique Fabian Fernandez, NMT
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.