Mosby's Medical Dictionary, 7th Edition
Featuring comprehensive definitions and vivid, full-color illustrations, Mosby's Medical Dictionary is the source to trust for answers to your questions about medical procedures, lab tests, disorders and conditions, medical equipment, human anatomy, and more. Its user-friendly, highly visual approach offers large, easy-to-read type and a logical organization that makes it easy to look up unfamiliar terms quickly. In this edition, more than 10,000 entries have been revised and updated, and over 5,000 new entries have been added to keep pace with recent advances in health care.
- Comprehensive, authoritative definitions - including expanded definitions of major diseases, disorders, procedures, and drugs - offer the most accurate, complete information on medical and health care terminology available.
- Practical, straightforward alphabetical organization, with no confusing subentries, makes it easy to find definitions fast.
- Updated, expanded drug entries include the latest commonly prescribed drugs currently on the market.
- Hundreds of lab test definitions describe and explain key lab tests.
- Definitions for more than 50 complementary and alternative medical therapies have been added, and definitions for over 100 herbs have been updated, reflecting the growing popularity of these alternative treatments.
- Pronunciations and eponyms for key entries assist the reader in learning and using terminology in everyday practice.
- Large, clear type is easy to read, and colored entries are easy to find.
- British spellings of selected entries help users recognize alternate spellings.
- Color Atlas of Human Anatomy contains dozens of full-color, clearly labeled drawings of all body systems, to assist with learning or reviewing anatomy.
- Nearly 2,500 colorful photographs and drawings illustrate all subject areas - more than 800 new!
- 5,000 new definitions have been added, representing all areas of medicine and health care, with special emphasis on definitions related to new drugs, health professions, changes in health care delivery, bioterrorism, and new technological developments.
- Material has been thoroughly reviewed by a board of more than 100 expert consultants representing all areas of medicine to ensure the accuracy and currency of content and the inclusion of appropriate new entries.
- More than 10,000 definitions have been updated and revised to reflect current practice, and obsolete terminology has been removed.
- Over 70 definitions for such key conditions as SARS have been expanded to contain comprehensive, detailed information.
- New colored entry words clearly stand out on the page, making it easier to find terms.
- All tables have been updated, and more than 800 new illustrations have been added.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
About the Author
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.