Primer of Diagnostic Imaging with CD-ROM, 4e (Weissleder, Primer of Diagnostic Imaging)
The 4th Edition of this text - popularly known as the "purple book" - returns with a comprehensive, up-to-date look at diagnostic imaging, presenting essential facts in an easy-to-read, bulleted format. More than 1,800 images highlight key diagnostic details and encompass the full range of modalities and specialties. A differential diagnosis section is found at the end of each chapter, and a differential index facilitates rapid reference. The 4th Edition includes coverage of new technologies, emphasizes clinical technical advances in CT and MRI, and examines the emergence of PET. A CD-ROM - new to this edition - features animations that depict the spatial and temporal complexities of MRI.
- Highlights key diagnostic details for all body systems and encompasses the full range of radiologic modalities and specialties with more than 1,800 images - all in one convenient source.
- Presents key information in an easy-to-read, bulleted format for quick reference.
- Describes important signs, anatomic landmarks, and common radiopathologic alterations.
- Provides extra space for note taking.
- Includes mnemonics and descriptive terminology to enhance recall of key facts, techniques, and images.
- Examines new technologies, including hybrid PET technology and new applications of MRI.
- Covers new techniques in interventional radiology and digital mammography.
- Emphasizes subspecialty clinical technical advances in CT and MR - along with their updated protocols - as well as the emergence of PET.
- Discusses current trends and changes in disease classification and their impact on the interpretation of radiological findings.
- Features the contributions of new editor John W. Chen, who shares his knowledge in MR and neuroradiology.
- Includes a CD-ROM featuring animations that depict the spatial and temporal complexities of MRI.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.