Calculation of Drug Dosages: A Work Text, 8e
Gain the practical skills you need to competently and confidently calculate drug dosages, even if you dislike math. All it takes is practice - and Calculation of Drug Dosages, 8th Edition gives you the most practice of any drug calculation book available! First, it provides an extensive review of essential math concepts before introducing and clearly explaining the ratio and proportion, formula, and dimensional analysis methods of drug calculation. The book's popular "worktext" format builds on concepts as you go and reinforces what you learn with over 2,000 practice problems in the book and on the accompanying CD-ROM.
- An extensive math review reinforces basic math skills that are essential for accurate drug dosage calculation. Once you've identified your strengths and weaknesses on the pretest, it's easy to work toward improving specific competencies.
- Chapter worksheets provide ample opportunities to practice solving realistic problems.
- Posttests at the end of most chapters help you assess your understanding of chapter content.
- Content is organized in a progression from simple to complex, building on prior knowledge and applying it to new material so you retain more of what you've learned.
- A Comprehensive Posttest at the end of the book provides additional practice and accurately gauges your understanding of key concepts.
- Learning objectives explain what you should have accomplished upon completion of each chapter.
- A glossary in the back of the book defines important terms.
- An answer key provides step-by-step solutions for practice problems presented in the worksheets and posttests, shown in both the ratio and proportion and formula methods. Answers only are provided for the comprehensive posttest.
- Current Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP) recommendations emphasize the importance of avoiding ambiguous abbreviations, acronyms, and symbols that could result in medication errors.
- The Safety in Medication Administration chapter helps you reduce the possibility of medical errors or injuries by providing information on specific measures to take to protect your patients.
- More than 200 practice problems have been added to this edition for even more practice, bringing the total number of problems to over 2,000.
- Additional content on calculating medications for neonates based on weight in grams helps you accurately calculate dosages for low birth weight infants.
- A set of 18 tear-out flash cards, perforated in the back of the book, offers a flexible, convenient way to study and memorize abbreviations, formulas, and conversions found in the book.
- Updated drug labels and equipment photos throughout the book reflect the latest drugs and technology used in the market.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Over 2,000 practice problems and an extensive math review help you master drug calculations
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.