Mosby's Drug Guide for Nurses
For extensive nursing considerations (including nursing diagnoses), as well as current, comprehensive drug safety information, here's where to turn. Organized alphabetically, Mosby's Drug Guide for Nurses, 7th Edition includes detailed coverage of IV drugs, interactions between drugs, and more. A color drug administration guide illustrates drug administration procedures for drugs given intravenously and intramuscularly. Colorful illustrations show how drugs work at the cellular level. Each copy also includes a CD-ROM that contains drug information on the most commonly prescribed medications in printable format, calculation tutorial, NCLEX examination-format questions for 65 drugs nursing students are most likely to administer in clinicals, drug card creator, calculation tutorial, and more. A companion website includes quarterly drug updates, FDA alerts, WebLinks, patient teaching guides, English-to-Spanish translations, and more.
- Organizes drugs alphabetically to allow fast retrieval of essential information.
- Features a drug category section with nursing diagnoses, generic drugs, and highlighted key drugs in each category.
- Features a functional, user-friendly two-color design that includes icons for key drugs, nursing alerts, and Canadian drugs; colored monograph headings facilitate easy location of information.
- Provides a full-color atlas of medication administration, including a review of Universal Standard Precautions, to clearly depict and visually reinforce key steps in safe and effective drug administration for various routes.
- Provides a biannual update on newly released drugs.
- Features "Tall Man" lettering for easily confused drug names in accordance with FDA recommendations.
- Highlights key drugs with a special icon to help students focus on important drugs within drug classifications.
- Provides information on the therapeutic outcome to encourage critical thinking and provide a focus for the plan of care.
- Highlights critical nursing considerations with a "Nursing Alert" icon to identify situations that potentially could cause harm to the patient.
- Highlights common side effects and life-threatening adverse reactions in a different typeface for immediate recognition in emergency situations and lists them by body system.
- Includes extensive interactions information for drug-to-drug, drug-to-drug category, drug-to-food, drug-to-herb, and drug-to-lab test.
- Features hundreds of potential interactions between drugs and herbal products.
- Highlights incompatibility information for site- and solution-specific incompatibilities.
- Provides pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics in chart form where appropriate for easy access to information.
- Designates generic drugs as prescription (Rx) or over-the-counter (OTC) for immediate identification of drug status.
- Provides both drug-to-drug and drug-to-solution compatibility charts for easy access.
- Provides both a general index and a disorders index for easy application within integrated pharmacology courses.
- Includes appendixes on controlled substances, FDA pregnancy categories, nomogram for calculating body surface area, and commonly used abbreviations for quick clinical reference.
- Features a flexible, water-resistant cover that provides durability in the clinical setting.
- Contains an expanded appendix of Rarely Used Drugs that provides summaries of numerous products and helps distinguish these products from more commonly administered drugs.
- Features appendix of Combination Products that provides a listing of product names, generic ingredients, and component dosages for more than 500 combination products.
- Improved interior design that offers fewer and more intuitive icons, as well as more space above important headings to make the content clearer to read.
- Contains comprehensive drug information on approximately 20 recent FDA-approved drugs to provide the very latest drug information. These drugs appear in their own appendix and are cross-referenced in the body of the book.
- Includes an additional 20 previously released FDA drugs.
- Offers more than 2,000 new drug facts, including patient/family teaching guidelines as well as updated drug interactions, side effects, precautions, contraindications, and IV therapy facts.
- Includes colorful illustrations that show how drugs work at the cellular level.
- Provides a portable safe medication administration checklist that can be removed from the book and referred to prior to administering drugs to patients in the clinical setting.
- Includes the newest NANDA nursing diagnoses and cross references to material in the appendices.
- Includes table of Recent FDA Drug Approvals that provides generic/trade names and uses for the most recently approved drugs.
- Provides a completely updated, companion mini CD-ROM that gives students the tools they need to safely administer drugs in the clinical setting such as a drug calculation tutorial, drug card creator, NCLEX exam-format questions, and more.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Current drug information plus nursing diagnoses and expected outcomes
About the Author
Linda Skidmore-Roth, RN, MSN, NP, Consultant, Littleton, CO; Former Nursing Faculty, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM; El Paso Community College, El Paso, TX
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.