Mosby's Comprehensive Review for Veterinary Technicians
Mosby's Comprehensive Review for Veterinary Technicians, 3rd edition introduces and reviews the material in each of your veterinary technology courses. Key topics ranging from basic and clinical science, diagnostics and applications, to professional practices and issues are presented in a user-friendly outline format that is ideal whether you're a new student or you're reviewing for your certification exams.
- Comprehensive coverage of veterinary technology spans basic and clinical sciences, applications, patient management, nursing, nutrition, anesthesia and pharmacology, as well as personal, practice and professional management skills - everything you need for both the U.S. and Canadian certification exams.
- Care of large animals, birds, reptiles and laboratory animals, in addition to cats and dogs, is included.
- Chapter outlines, learning outcomes and expanded glossaries help you comprehend and retain essential material.
- Summary tables are ideal for reference or review.
- Review questions at the end of each chapter, in addition to a 300-question comprehensive review exam, test and reinforce your knowledge of veterinary technology.
- Six appendixes ensure crucial resources are always at your fingertips.
- State-of-the-art Alternative Imaging Technology chapter discusses computed tomography and nuclear scintigraphy to complement ultrasound technology.
- Enhanced content highlights vet tech responsibilities in genetics, small animal nursing, veterinary dentistry, zoonoses, breeding/reproduction, neonatal care, and much more.
- Small animal nursing instruction now includes dermatology, auricular treatments and ophthalmology.
- Extended pharmacology coverage features pain management.
- Personal and practice management skills include expanded OSHA/WHMIS guidelines and ethics discussions.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.